Chapter fifty one

"Ok how should we start?" I look at Raven and he shrugs.

"Do you want to say what you went through first or do you want me to start?" He asked with a worried look because he knows it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows.

"I can start," I say gathering my courage to relive my experience.

Our family, Sabrina, Mick, and Isla sat waiting with varied expressions.

So I began.

"When I woke up, I was in a hospital room alone, I had just enough time to realize I was in a hospital and it wasn't here because of the decor and even the scent.
The door opened and I was shocked and confused to see who it was so I had asked him "how are you alive?"... it was my ex mate.. Maverick."

At hearing this Jackie growled and Leon did his best to soothe her, Isla had gasped appalled at what her sister had done but this is only the beginning I thought. Our babies squirmed in our laps not liking the tension they were feeling so I decided to try putting them in hi -chairs.
They were upset with me till I gave them some food they could eat that would dissolve as soon as it was in their mouths.
Now that his hands were free to hold me Raven took my right hand in his while his left circled my shoulders.

With a nod I continued, "I screamed at him to stay away from me when he went to touch me, then Mary.. the one who raised me came in.
I ended up telling them both that I wasn't their Scarlett, I told them about my life how in my reality they had both died, Maverick wasn't a good person and had abused me not only that but had rejected me. That I have a beautiful family with my mate who loves me and our beautiful pups." I say looking at Raven and he kisses my forehead, turning to the others I continue.
"Maverick didn't like hearing that, he refused to believe me, he said I was in the hospital because I fell from a very tall tree and hit my head. If anything that was probably the biggest clue that that place was fake! Let's get real I'm one of the best climbers you will ever meet!" I say put out making everyone laugh.
"Anyway Maverick stormed off and his slamming the door should have told me he wasn't different than the one I knew but I didn't think anything of it yet. I talked to Mary a little longer and she too didn't believe me.

I knew I couldn't stay there so I found some clothes and started to sneak out. I made it as far as the backyard before I was grabbed by an angry Maverick. He took me to his room and locked me inside.
When he first placed me in his room he was gentle about it, but then he locked me in saying that he couldn't risk me running. I tried to find a way out but he had bars on all the windows. For two weeks I only saw omegas who would bring me food. We were watched by guards during each of the exchanges.
Maverick would try talking to me but I refused to let him near me, I wouldn't even let him come in. During this whole time I couldn't talk to anyone not even Kohaku.
I started meditating to pass the time and keep my mind sharp. Then one day it was different, usually when I meditate I focus on my land, but this time there was a clearing with a beautiful woman with crimson hair and silvery grey eyes. It was my mother, her name is Robin Fortuna, she helped me with my spirit training and she was the one who told me that I'm pregnant with third my son." I'm smiling while rubbing my belly.

"She told me she had a chance to see to our pups," I say to Raven and he smiles and says, "your dad told me the same thing, about you carrying our son and also that he got the chance to meet our other little ones here," he gestures to our babies who are talking to each other and eating their snacks.

"At one point when I was with my mom, he came in and pulled me from my meditative state, she had just warned me of how I could end up stuck there, I would have had to fall in love with him," I clarify making a face.
"Anyway he had just pulled me out by shaking me and calling my name. He asked me out on a date but I said no, he yelled at me because he didn't know why I was refusing him. I was going to tell him why but he didn't want to hear it. I told him we had nothing to say to each other and he turned putting a hole in the wall, then I told him to get out calmly.
As soon as he left I locked the door from my side and got back to my mom.
The next time I was forced out he had kicked the door down, he was drunk...he jumped on me and I called him an a-hole," I say peeking at my little ones not wanting them to learn bad words yet.
"He hit me, my face ended up bruised... but that wasn't the worst. He ripped my shirt...he was going to rape me," my lip trembles and Raven's chest rumbles with his suppressed growls, holding me close he calms me. The others are also disturbed by what I have just said. It takes us a collective few minutes to calm down.
The kids whine at our behaviour but I soothe them and they resume their conversation.
Sighing I continued, "I grabbed his junk hard twisting and pulling at the same time," the adult males in the room flinch groaning unvoluntarily.
After he was preoccupied I ran for my life. I ran and I didn't stop, something told me I wouldn't be safe yet if I had, but a safe place was ahead of me so I kept going.
Then I found Sabrina, Dev's pack was my safe place."
Looking at Sabrina she had a smile on her face, "the you there told me the Goddess told you I was coming and that I needed your help and protection. She said that she felt connected to me that I was special to her." I say to Sabrina and she nods.
"I was able to get back to my mom who was furious when she saw me, this time my father was with her he too wished he could hurt Maverick, but we focused on us since we didn't have much time. My father's name is Velcili Fortuna and he's a golden wolf. I get my eyes from him," I say with pride.
"When the time came they told me what I had to do to reach Raven and then I was back home, Raven brought me back home." I say snuggling into him and he said, "I will always be there to bring you home."