Post-Meeting

"How are you holding up?" Wanda asked Yelena politely, trying to make conversation. As an empath, she could feel how much this situation was hurting Yelena, as much as she tried to hide it.

"You don't need to watch over me." Yelena replied, defensive. Wanda could see her tear stained cheeks, so carefully placed her hand on Yelena's.

"She meant a lot to you, huh." Wanda stated, ignoring Yelena's past remark. When Wanda looked away, softly smiling still, Yelena continued to stare at Wanda, wondering how she could carry so much love in her heart.

Wanda overheard Yelena's thoughts, and looked back at her sweetly.

"I've lost people too." Wanda smiled. "This is my family aswell." Yelena smiled back subtly.

"She was like a sister to me." Yelena began, slowly. Wanda could tell it was hard for her to talk about something she buried so deep in her mind. "I didn't know what it felt like to be cared for until I met Katerina." Yelena sniffled. Wanda spelled a tissue, handing it to a confused Yelena.

"...thanks." Yelena looked around confused, taking the tissue hesitantly.

"Why is she after Nat?" Wanda questioned worryingly.

"Direct." Yelena was caught off guard by Wanda's inability to beat around the bush. She wasn't offended, just a bit taken back.

"Sorry." Wanda replied apologetically.

"Dreykov." Yelena shivered at just the pronunciation of his name. It brought back unwanted memories of the red room.

"Oh." Wanda interrupted, an indirect way of implying that she didn't need Yelena to say anything else if she were uncomfortable.

"Dreykov was Katerina's biological Father. She took her Mother's last name after she found out what happened to her." Yelena began. "He made her the most powerful Widow there was." Yelena looked at Wanda, as if afraid.

"Like a weapon." Wanda muttered, thinking about Vision and how he was conditioned to be Ultron's extinction device.

Yelena nodded. "Katerina experienced psychological conditioning, same as Natasha. The red room was all she knew. No mind control was needed." Yelena sighed.

"One day." She paused. "Katerina was tasked with jobs beyond what she knew. It didn't take her long to realise who exactly she was working for. She became good, trying to help Widow's be free of her Father's manipulation." Yelena smiled, thinking back to her times with Katerina. Both on the battle field and off it.

"What happened to her?" Wanda asked, sadly.

"Dreykov created the mind control initiative after his daughter's 'disloyalty' to him. She was the first to undergo his procedure. She was in the red room for weeks, experimented on and tortured as punishment." Yelena wiped a tear from her face.

"When she came back out, the Katerina we knew was gone. Dreykov turned his only daughter into his own Winter Soldier. She was out of control, unable to break free of his influence." Yelena looked out of the room, to where her sister was crouched on a bench, head in hands.

"When Natasha broke free, Katerina's mission was to kill her. Myself and a few others were yet to undergo the procedure that turned us into the ruthless assassins Dreykov intended us to be. I alerted Natasha of the threat coming her way, but couldn't stand by and let her kill her. I love my sister but she stood no chance against Katerina. Especially since she had lost her humanity entirely. When I looked at her, it was like looking at a hollow tree." Yelena stopped to compose herself.

"We had no other choice. Natasha had a plan. I would distract her for as long as possible. We rigged the building with heavy explosives. I gave the all clear when I was out of the building, but Katerina-" Yelena found herself tearing up again.

"You don't have to finish that. I understand." Wanda gave a comforting smile. "You did what you had to do." Wanda relaxed her face.

"I guess karma really is a bitch." Yelena wiped her face. The girls looked at each other, comforting each other with their friendly gazes.

"I think I can help her." Wanda said to Yelena, nodding. Yelena looked intrigued but also alarmed, she knew Wanda was the most powerful Avenger but she couldn't let her underestimate her older sister's abilities.

Wanda and Yelena discussed a plan of action, away from the others making sure every possible end is covered.

"I called a few people, they should be here within the hour." Maria said professionally to the rest.

"Thanks Hill." Nat smiled at her, walking her out the doors to her car.

"She isn't staying?" Yelena whispered to Wanda, confused again.

"The fight itself is a bit above her pay grade." Wanda joked. Yelena exchanged confused looks to Natasha, who just gave her a 'be patient' look.

After half an hour Natasha and Yelena went to the training room, trying to distract their minds from what Yelena described as 'imminent death', but also to be prepared for what new tricks Katerina could
have learnt after all this time apart.

"Are you ready for this?" Nat asked Yelena, panting from them sparring.

"As long as we follow my plan and not yours." Yelena replied jokingly.

"I'm serious." Natasha snapped.

"So am I." Yelena smirked. Nat just rolled her eyes.

"Isn't it Wanda's plan?" Natasha questioned, annoying her sister.

"No it's my plan." Yelena answered.

"I don't see where you fell into it being your plan." Nat replied playfully.

"You're just jealous because your plan sucked." Yelena smirked.

"It was a good plan." Natasha defended.

"Oh yeah, great plan. The best part is where I bleed out from trying to save your ass." Yelena joked with a hint of sincerity.

"Okay fine, if you're so great at plans then how do we even find Dreykov?" Natasha asked, smirking. Yelena went to answer, but realised how she had no idea where to begin. "Lucky for you, I know where to begin." Nat smiled.

"Lucky me." Yelena replied sarcastically.