Chapter Thirty Four

Raia swings her flaming longsword downward

Raia swings her flaming longsword downward. Tallulah ducks to the left, her eyes gleaming with delight, and raises her hand. The demon summons a wooden sword from thin air and slashes it sideways.

Raia spins around and deflects the demon's attack with her sword. Purple embers fly through the air in a flurry. Their weapons quiver as they push each other, tightening their grip, both attempting to gain the upper hand.

Despite being made of wood, the Blood Demon's weapon is unyielding.

Tallulah smiles. "So quick and lively! You're such an interesting one." Her eyes then narrowed to slits, as if she was trying to figure out something. "How can you move like that after just waking up from Chaos' Nightmare?"

Chaos's Nightmare? Raia ponders, her brow furrowed. So there's another Blood Demon, and he's the one responsible for that horrible nightmare.

Raia raises her guard. She casts a sidelong glance at her comrade, but they are still in a deep slumber.

"Come forth, Raphael," Raia whispers, unleashing the real power of her Blessing. An electrifying sensation runs through her body as an amount of mana circulating within her transmits into her weapon.

The purple fire dancing around her sword devours the blade, and the flame acts as the blade itself.

The flame blade passes through Tallulah's wooden sword. The demon loses her momentum and stumbles forward. She performs a backbend kickover before she ends up colliding with the burning weapon.

"Wow! That was close," Tallulah exclaims as her feet touch down. "Your weapon just turned into a fire. Interesting. But you're not fast enough." Her mouth crinkles up one corner. She leaps backward, her body forming an arc in the air, and then she throws her weapon. The wooden sword whirls toward Raia at breakneck speed.

Raia screams as it slams into her shoulder.

Tallulah's eyes sparkle. She raises her hand and, as if it were a boomerang, welcomes the spinning wooden sword back into her open palm.

"Not so quick, are you?" Tallulah remarks. She yawns, boredom overtaking her features.

Raia grits her teeth, clutching her bleeding shoulder as she glares at the Blood Demon, who is spinning the wooden sword in her fingers. She swings her flame sword in a wide arc, releasing a purple fire bullet at her opponent.

Tallulah jumps to the right to dodge them.

Raia re-grips her sword and deactivates her Blessing's Divine Power. In place of the flame, a long silver blade appears at the top of the violet cross-guard. Since she's against a powerful demon, she won't waste much of her energy and drains herself in the end. She had already learned her lesson from the previous Blood Demon. For the time being, she must rely solely on her swordsmanship and physical abilities to buy time until she figures out how to defeat her enemy and, of course, until her comrades awaken from their nightmares.