Chapter 1

Cupid 28 loves love. How can she not?

She's a Cupid, one among the hundred of cupids who work for the Department of Love - the Department of Love which loves her.

Or tries to.

She knows she doesn't make it any easy for them. If she has to quote what her superior said a light year ago, she's the worst cupid in the history of- well cupids and there's not much she can bring to the table to dispute that.

Her track record is not exactly impressive.

Yet, she attempts to defend herself as one last resort from having to take up the ultimate Cupid training program- Mission Stupid Cupid- the name mocks anyone who's ever failed in their mission, not just her.

- (She firmly refuses to believe that this is the first time that this mission has been put into practice by the Department of Love eventhough the Head of the department tells her himself, "Cupid 28, we've never had to use this mission before." )

"Why am I going with her?" Her assistant whines next to Cupid 28, only to be shut up with a glare by the said Cupid.

"Because you're her assistant and you both have ruined several true love together." Head superior tells them.

"That's not true." Cupid 28 tries weakly.

"What about the last man you tried to shoot with your arrow?" Head superior asks her, "You shot a pedestrian instead."

"He was speeding like a maniac." The Cupid whines. "It was difficult to take aim."

"His car was parked." Head superior retorts, "Fine, what about the woman before that?"

This time the Assistant Cupid intervenes,"We asked her if she is in love with someone, she was rude."

"Very rude." Cupid 28 agrees, adjusting the bow on her shoulder. "She wouldn't even give us an answer."

"She was in a coma." Head superior groans exasperatedly, "You should have slipped into her subconscious to find out who she's in love with instead of choosing some random body."

"He seemed kind of cool." Cupid 28 suggests.

Head superior's mouth drops open in disbelief. "That's because he was in a mortuary! Dead!!"

"Checking for the mortal's heartbeat kind of slipped our mind." Assistant Cupid admits sheepishly.

"Which is exactly why you're going to do The Stupid Cupid mission." He gives them a pointed glance.

"I want to have a word with the Higher one." Cupid 28 demands, "I'm sure she'd agree this is an extreme measure."

Head superior sighs.

"The Higher One was the one who suggested this Cupid 28."

"Explain the mission." Cupid 28 asks warily.

"The Stupid Cupid mission says-" Head superior reads from the book of Cupid correction course- Volume 1 (For Dumbarse Cupids and Cupid 28.)

"Can we just say mission?" Assistant Cupid pouts at her superior.

"Sure Assistant Cupid 101," Head superior nods and continues, "According to the Stupid Cupid mission, the Cupid and their assistant have to take the human form and bring two soulmates together. Cupid 28 you will go by the earth name Im Nayeon and Assistant Cupid 101 your earth name will be Yoo Jeongyeon."

"This sounds easy." Cupid 28 lifts her chin up with a confident smile.

"You'll have to bring them together without the help of bows and arrows and any of your powers." Head superior finishes.

Cupid 28 and Assistant Cupid 101 share a look that says we're doomed.

"You only get three earth months to finish the mission." Head superior informs them.

Definitely doomed, Cupid 28 thinks to herself.

Yoo Joengyeon isn't your regular Cupid assistant. She's smarter than most assistants in the Department of Love, (not that is any achievement as the assistant population is as smart as a roll of human toilet paper, trained only to blindly follow their Cupids) but she is different, she considers herself smarter than her boss Cupid 28 even.

"So you're the third year transfer students from the States." The woman at the registration counter asks.

"Yes, I'm Assistant Cupid number-" Jeongyeon begins.

Nayeon, aka Cupid 28 stomps her foot, and coughs into her hand when Jeongyeon lets out a loud yelp.

"Yoo Jeongyeon." The taller girl corrects herself with a groan.

"What brings you to South Korea?" The staff enquires, eyebrows lifted in suspicion.

Nayeon leans down anchoring her hands on the desk, "Beautiful women like yourself."

Jeongyeon watches as a colour rises to the woman's cheek rapidly.

"How did you do that?" She queries as they drag their bags to their assigned dorms.

"When you know that you won't be assistant Cupid anymore." Nayeon replies with a cheeky grin.