Part 32

"I love you too dad", his embrace got tighter.

-----------------‐--------‐---------------------------------

*Aizawa pov*

I watched Izuku wake up as sunlight settled on his face through the slits in the window blinds. His face scrunched up and he shuffled closer to me. I put my hand in his hair and smiled. "Izuku wake up. It's 9"

He groaned, "but I don't have school today", I smiled a little more, jesus even Zashi couldn't make me smile this much.

"Yeah but I'm hungry.", he groaned "we'll go to the cafe in a bit.", he said and shoved his face into his pillow. "okay", I pulled him close and we slept for another half-hour.

This time we were woken up by Emma nuzzling into Izuku's neck while simultaneously pushing me away, I didn't mind Emma but then the other cats joined and soon Steve, Charlie and Albert were cuddled around Izuku leaving no space for me.

"Sorry", he said with a cocky smile as I got off the bed. He got up after some disapproval from Emma, that cat was a real handful. Izuku went to his room and changed into black sweatpants and a blue shirt that had a pie chart on it said,

'Emotional stability in my body'

And a little box of the same dark blue as the circle that said,

'■ No'

"I'll never understand your humor.", he smirked, "you say that but people would die for this shirt.", I hummed and threw a hat and sunglasses at him.

"It's not sunny.", he said and I rolled my eyes, "it's sunny enough for people to see your face and I'd rather there weren't a crowd of hormone driven teenagers and shitty reporters swarming around us while we're eating eating breakfast.", he frowned when he remembered that he wasn't anonymous anymore and put on the glasses and hat, he stuffed as much of his hair into his hat as he could and we got into the car.

We got to the cafe and it was locked so we entered through the back and Izuku went to wake Miya up. We came here often, it was nice and most importantly, the coffee was good.

*Izuku pov*

"Miya! Get up!", I said and shook her awake. "Mmhh? Oh Izu-chan? I'll be down soon", I nodded and went to the counter. I sighed and started on the cookies and coffee and flipped over the open sign. People entered and I gave them their order although I wasn't supposed to do this. I gave dad some fresh coffee and got back to work. Half an hour late Miya came down with her hair in a messy bun.

"Where's the new guy that you hired?", she waved it away, "he's off today", I nodded. "Thanks Izu-chan, I'll get you your food. The usual right?", I nodded and put my apron away. I sat at the booth dad was at.

"What happened to the new hire?", he asked, "he's taking a day off.", he hummed and Miya came and gave us three breakfast sandwiches. Dad took one and I cut one of the triangles in half and packed the rest, then I dug in. "I'm surprised she hasn't said anything about the vigilante stuff", dad said, "oh she hates the news, doesn't listen to it. If some newspaper gives her a free subscription then she files a complaint", we got back to our food.

After paying we went to the side of the building, "hey!", Ruben looked up from the book he was reading and crawled out of his makeshift shelter. "Izuku! How you doin man?", I smiled and gave him a hug, "I'm doing okay but I got you your favorite!", I handed him the sandwich and a small tin of cookies I'd baked at home. "Thanks man", he leaned in and hugged me again, "I've got some good info, get rid of Aizawa and I'll tell you", I pulled back, "enjoy the food! I'll come back tomorrow at 10 am maybe", I smiled and waved to him. 'Tomorrow at 10 am' was code for for 3 am tonight, confusing but it worked.

We went back home and thankfully nobody recognized me, I hated doing this stuff, that's why I never wanted to be a hero, let alone a spotlight hero. When we got home Kachan, Shoto and Shinsou were waiting on the porch.

"What're you guys doing here?", Kachan looked up, "what do you mean , of course we're here to find out what the fucking hero commission wanted", I sighed and gestured to dad, he threw the house keys at me and went to UA for something.

I opened the door and all the cats gathered at my feet. "Just make yourself comfortable or something, I don't know how to host people", I put the keys on the shoe rack and went to the kitchen, I fried some stuff from the fridge and put them in a bowl. "Here", I handed them to Shoto and he just stared at them. "What're these?", he asked and I shrugged, "I just took whatever was left in the fridge and fried it", Kachan sighed. "Those are tater tots, it's fried potato.", Shinsou said.

Shoto took one in his hand and putthe entire thing in his mouth. He smiled, "I like these.", I smiled too because that was cute. "Yeah, okay whatever now tell what went down yesterday, your all over the news.", I pursed my lips, "I don't wanna talk about it but nothing's changed, I'm attending a press conference tomorrow, that's about it"

"Why don't you want to talk about it? Did they make you do something?", I groaned and put my head into my hands. "Katsuki don't push him?", Shinsou said, "no it's fine- Katsuki? You guys are on first name basis!?", Shinsou smiled, "yeah, you can call me Hitoshi if you want", I nodded. "Il  all you Toshi.", he smiled."Back to the topic, what happened yesterday."

"they told me they uh were going to take custody over me and that they were going to control my life and make me change my name back to- nothing happened.", Shoto stood up and held me by my shoulders, "you're gonna leave?", I shook my head, "I let those pricks know that they couldn't do anything to me, and I don't think they'll ever try again. I kinda made one of them cry", I said."Thank God."

Kachan laughed, "how'd you manage that?", I smiled, "i just told them I'd sue them, that's it.", he smacked my head. "What's going on with the press and stuff?", I asked and Kachan leaned back on his chair, "nothing, everyone just really really likes you.", I smiled.

"Izuku, I wanted to ask you something", Shoto started, "hmm?", I said and looked up from Albert. "Why did you cut-", "can we not? Please, I can't take this much at once.", I said and picked Albert up. "Okay, I'm sorry.", Shoto said. "Albert!", Kachan yelled at the strange cat in my arms. "I got this, Brittany?", the cat looked up at me, "go over to Kachan", the cat purred and leapt off me and onto Kachan. "I think the cat's gender fluid, dad thinks Albert- Brittany's too stupid to be gender fluid.", I said.

"Weird ass cat.", he said. We talked for a bit and Kachan made us katsudon because we only had ingredients for katsudon, I could only have a few bites though, I was still really full from breakfast.

Dad came home and he looked really tired. "Hey brats, could you leave, I wanna talk to Izu", they nodded and I finally registered the nickname. After I heard the door close I looked at him and smiled. "I like 'Izu' ", he smiled, "that's great kid", I sat on the stool at the kitchen island. "What'd you want to talk about?", he hesitated. "Do you uh..."

"Do you want to spar?"