Chapter 4

"Mrs. Barnes," FRIDAY said. "Mr. Stark asked you to check on Ryker."

"Halsey sweetie can you get up for a moment?" Clara asked.

"Yes Mama," Halsey said.

Clara got up and went to Ryker's room. When she got there she knocked.

"Ryker can I come in?" Clara asked.

"No I'm naked," Ryker said.

"Can I come in anyways?" Clara asked. "I'm just need to make sure you're okay."

"No," Ryker said.

"Ryker I'm coming in anyways," Clara said.

Clara opened the door and found Ryker in his bathroom with blood coming out of his arm.

"Ryker what happened?" Clara asked.

"Nothing," Ryker said.

"Here," Clara said.

Clara started to take care of Rykers cuts. Once she was done she sat him down in her arms.

"Ryker we need to talk about what just happened," Clara said. "Did you cut yourself?"

"No what makes you think I did?" Ryker asked.

"Can I show you something?" Clara asked.

"Yeah," Ryker said.

Ryker moved off of Clara's lap. Clara lifted up her sleeve showing Ryker her scared forearm.

"What are those mama?" Ryker asked.

"Scars," Clara said. "I know you cut yourself. I used to do it all the time. I almost bleed out and died once. But I'm going to tell you one thing I wished I was told. It's may not ever get better. But I will be there every step of the way. Your pops and I-"

"I don't want to hear about pops mom," Ryker said. "He's done thing I can't forget."

"I know he's not a good person," Clara said. "He never has been."

"Remember he left both of us because he needed something different?" Ryker asked.

"Yes I do," Clara said. "And I'm sure he's regretting his decision. But we need to be there for each other. So what caused you to want to cut?"

"Dad and Liam," Ryker said.

"What did Liam do?" Clara asked.

"He told me we were no longer friends," Ryker said.

"Did he give you a reason?" Clara asked.

"He said I wasn't someone he wanted to talk to," Ryker said.

"I have an idea," Clara said. "Can I go grab Liam and we'll talk this out?"

"Yeah," Ryker said.

Clara went off and found Liam in the fort. August was curled up on Bruce half asleep.

"Sweetheart everything okay?" Bruce asked.

"I'll tell you later," Clara said. "Liam sweetie I need you to come with me."

"Okay," Liam said.

Liam followed Clara into Ryker's room.

"Why are we here mama?" Liam asked.

"I think you owe your brother an apology," Clara said.

"Mama you don't understand," Liam said.

"Then make me," Clara said.

"I started hanging around some other people at school," Liam said.

"Yeah the popular kids," Ryker said.