chapter 28

"Copycat right? I already kicked your ass once on national t.v, and I'll gladly kick it again." Both teams squared off in the center of Ground Gamma, Kirishima's spiky hair even seemed to have deflated at the rude comment from Monoma. It was a known fact that Kirishima was one of the good ones, a kind soul who always did his best to cheer people up and was a loyal friend.

It was also a known fact that Monoma's crusty blond hair didn't deserve any respect from you.

Monoma sneered, "You're the angry boy's soulmate right? What a shame, imagine having to deal with him for the rest of your life."

Taking a step closer, you stared straight at him, a cold tone to your voice. "Stand down."

"What am I? A dog?"

"No, but you can be a real bitch sometimes." You hissed, feeling the protective wave crash over you. Not only did he insult one of your friends, but he had the audacity to insult Bakugo as well? He had a death wish. "I'll have fun tearing you a new one."

If Class 2-A didn't know any better, they would've believed it was Bakugo speaking those words. But whereas he was full of angry words and shouts, you were calmer but just as violent, promising to do exactly what you said.

"I'd like to see you try."

It was then that All Might's voice echoed through the ear pieces each team was given, "Alright, settle down now. Each team head to your zone. When I say start, you will be allowed to move. Remember hero team, your objective is to capture the small golden 'bomb' from the villains and bring it back to the safe zone. You must do both to pass the mission. Failing to bring the 'bomb' back is an automatic failure. Villain team, your mission is to stop the hero team from capturing said object. In order to incapacitate them, you have red tape that you must wrap around their wrists."

It was a glorious day to be a villain.

Bumping your shoulder with Kirishima's, you try to lighten his mood. "Ignore what that dumbass said. You are hot as hell so own it. Literally half of the school drools over you." Climbing on top of a steel pipe, you walk above and try not to slip as he shakes his head in amusement at your antics.

"Thank you Y/n. It means a lot."

"I get the feeling. I've avoided looking into a mirror for years because I hated how I looked, even now I avoid it." Stopping on top of the pipe, you look do to where he was and give him a tired smile. "But I've been working on that. So trust me when I say that we all love you and physical appearances don't matter at all."

With that, you jump off of the pipe and land behind the line marked as the villain territory. Hidden behind a web of steel pipes, your side would cause the hero team a bunch of work to get here, giving you enough time to prepare. The object meant to be captured was about the size of the palm of your hand, gold and glistening. Literally just a metal ball. The downside was that it would be noticeable if you had it with you, especially with your dark hero costume. The gold color would capture the hero's eyes from miles away, plus they probably expected you to be the one carrying it.

Good thing you never did what others expected.

"I think you should have it." Tossing the ball up high, Kirishima reacts and catches it, twirling the ball in his hand.

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. You're the veteran here. You've done a bunch of these exercises before, so I know I can trust you."

Kirishima nodded, pocketing the ball into one of the pockets of his costume where it would be hidden.

But you're the one who has had experience being the bad guy. The comment flutters through your mind, causing you to rub your wrist because it was true. Playing the bad guy role was natural to you. Causing pain and destruction came easy to you.