Chapter Eighteen

Izuku P.O.V.

"It will be your false love versus my pure hatred."

I stared at him. Expecting some sort of reaction. A glare, him gritting his teeth, his fist clenching, anything, or rather everything. But he just stood there smiling. My eyes glowed with rage; the white hue growing more fierce as I just stood there preparing to make a move.

We stayed like that for a while; out eyes locked together. It was a fierce battle in of itself. Who was going to make the first move? Who was going to tip their hand at the start?

Turns out it was going to be me.

The ground shook as I quickly put together a scythe and swung it at him. "I'm sure he knows everything about me. My name, my quirk, its weaknesses. He knows I'll lose in a battle of attrition." I smiled as the road next to him shattered into dozens of small pieces and dust sprouted everywhere.

"I guess I win. All Might's little bitch really turned out to be nothing." Or at least that is what I wish were reality. But my smile turned into a grin as the dust behind me suddenly cleared and my very obnoxious class gasped. I quickly avoided his attack, but was knocked over by the wind pressure of him going past me. He went flying into the pavement, but when I turned to look at him bloodied on the cracked pavement, there was nothing there.

It was almost as if he phased through it.

I immediately put my guard up. "What quirk does he have where he can phase through solid material and have such strength?" I had no time to think through the possibilities. Attack after attack, all coming from him randomly appearing from the ground. I was bombarded, and barely staying on my feet. I had my telekinesis to thank for that.

Time passed and we both have failed to land hits on each other. But he kept getting faster and faster and I didn't know how much longer I would be able to keep up with his attacks. "This can't keep up or I'm going to lose before I even land a hit on him."

I flew up in the air after avoiding several more of his seemingly never ending attacks. A few seconds later he started to fling himself further up in the air to catch me. But his attacks were much slower and I was able to avoid them with ease.

I swerved in the air as he launched himself at me. I looped around him as several of his punches, one after another kept coming after me and missing. Eventually the attacks stopped and he stood on the street bent over with his hands on his knees panting.

I smiled behind my mask. "Perfect."

I lifted my hands and the entire street started to shake. I could hear Shota yell at the class to back up. They all took off running, and when I looked back over at Mirio there was sweat running down his face and he looked up at me with anxiety filled eyes. I met his stare with a glare full of malice.

Soon the street was completely destroyed. All the rubble forming together into a massive serpent. Mirio hesitated for a moment before smiling. "It might be big and intimidating, but its slow isn't it-?!" In that moment of him letting his guard down, the first blood of our battle was spilt.

He managed to activate his quirk right after the serpent started to dig its teeth into his shoulder, which started to bleed.  I flicked my wrist and the serpent turned around to attack from behind but Mirio was able to phase underground and the serpent came barreling towards me.

I put my hand up straight and the serpent stopped in its path. I stood on top of its head and turned it around. The size of the snake itself was the entire street, so a fourth of a block. It might seem weird that I used such a large attack in such a small area, but I decided to do this move for two reasons.