Chapter 32

"What the hell happened?" I quickly pulled out my gun from my thigh sheath, as Eren too got his gun ready, we were both near the back entrance for the hall,sneaking a glance inside all i could hear was screams and people running around, only a few...

"What the hell happened?" I quickly pulled out my gun from my thigh sheath, as Eren too got his gun ready, we were both near the back entrance for the hall,sneaking a glance inside all i could hear was screams and people running around, only a few people had their weapons out, others afraid to let their legal associates know about their illegal connections.

"There." Eren pointed towards a group of men dressed in all black, with guns spreading out across the area. I turned to Eren, a small mischievous smirk making its way onto my face "these idiots are bound to come over here, the guys will have the inside covered. Wanna do Operation Coyote?"

He too smiled, "Thought you'd never ask."

You see, Coyotes are the type of animals who hunt their prey through a method called the throat clamp during which they clamp down on their prey's neck until they are either unconscious or dead, our plan works on the similar idea, you'll see.

Hidden on either side of the back door we waited for our opportunity, I had my dagger ready to strike while Eren was prepared with his gun. Four guys walked out of the door slowly, before they could get a chance to look around we were both on them.

I kicked a guy in the back of his knees, making him stumble forward, he regained his balance to turn back towards me but before he could strike,two shots from Eren's gun rang out hitting the guy in both his shoulders, as i stepped forward slicing my knife through his neck, blood spurting out from the wound as he fell to the floor.

The other guys more prepared now lunged at us, the skinny one came at me from behind, grasping my neck and pulling me back and hitting my head towards the nearest wall, I shook off the slight dizziness. I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen which I assumed was from hitting some corner. Turning towards him, punching him square in the jaw following it by kneeing him in the chest lightning fast.

Just in time Eren called out to me, he had a guy on his knees in front of me, we switched weapons, I shot the guy in front of me, in the shoulders as eren sliced the other ones throat switching again I sliced the last one's throat.

Breathing heavy, we both stood in front of the three dead men in front of us "Still works." "Hell yeah." Operation Coyote was one we had come up with when we were twelve and still new to all of this, while we were still working as a duo we would always succeed in our mission faster if one of us incapatated the enemy while the other killed. Hence this plan, where one of us would shoot the target in the shoulders making sure they couldn't harm us and the other would slice their throat killing them.

"I'm gonna take the inside, see if those guys need back up, you take the entry." With a final nod Eren was off to the entry area, while I made my way inside. My dagger held close. I took deliberate steps forward. My heels were long abandoned.

The inside of the hall looked in simple words: bad. It was almost empty now but there were a couple of bodies strewn about, but I didn't have the time to check if they were alive or not, but given the fatal wounds visible on their bodies I already knew the answer.