C h a p t e r 26

Content Warning: Discussion about self harm at the end of the chapter.

Chapter 26 : Madelyn
Tuesday, July 27th, 2021

I woke up in a tangle of limbs coming from all but Xavier.

Somehow my head ended up on Caleb's chest with his arm around my body, while my legs were intertwined with Alec's.

I breathe in the familiar scents of their body washes, instantly relaxing into their touch.

I'm going to be honest, my body aches in places I didn't know it could ache, but it was worth every delicious second of it.

I've never felt as relaxed as I am now, but there's just one thing in the back of my mind nagging at me and preventing me from closing my eyes once again.

Under other circumstances I would've just fallen back asleep, but Xavier isn't here.

I have no clue what time it is, but considering it's still dark out, I already know I can't go back to bed until I know he's alright.

It's probably just me overthinking again, but while only hours ago I fell asleep in Caleb and Alec's arms, Xavier stayed on the outside, never once closing his eyes.

Checking in never hurt anyone.

Despite feeling like I ran a hundred miles, I lift my head up and do my best to untangle myself from my men's large bodies.

My men.

I like the sound of that.

Going for Caleb first, I learned that he's most definitely a deep sleeper as I manage to slip away, gently placing his arm back down on his chest.

Alec was a lot easier considering I was mostly on top of him and not the other way around.

Within two minutes, I find myself untangled and trying to remember where my romper ended up, but seeing no signs of it in the nearly pitch black room.

Giving up and shaking my head, I rub my eyes as I silently step off of the massive bed and pad over to the door out.

Making sure to close it gently behind me, I exit the room, squinting as I walk down the hall just to find another door wide open.

Taking another couple of steps, my curiosity gets the best of me as I peak my head through just to find the room absolutely trashed.

While the lighting is fairly dark, the moonlight coming in through the large windows illuminates the sight of the holes in the walls, the broken bed frame and the smashed television.

How the hell did I not hear this?

Just as I go to call for help, I find him.

Out on the balcony and in the hot tub is a familiar tattooed man with his back against me.