14

There was an awkward silence between the two once the door closed. It was exceptionally dark and neither could really see anything and all that was heard was their staggered breaths and the mumbling conversations from outside.

Fiddling with her fingers, Dahye finally spoke up. "So, you and hyerin?"

Renjun sighed leaning against the wall. "There's nothing between us. She's just super clingy and I feel guilty whenever I turn her down."

Dahye nodded even though the other couldn't see. She wasn't sure if she completely believed it but part of her felt the slightest bit of relief.

"And you and jaehyun?" renjun asked curiously.

"We've been friends with benefits for a while.." she began to trail off not really wanting him to know all the details afraid it would push him away.

Renjun was well aware that dahye and jaehyun were only physically attracted to each other but he wanted to see where things were actually going.

"It doesn't really feel the same anymore if i'm being honest but i don't know." she mumbled. "Why? Were you interested?" she teasingly asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Maybe" renjun smirked, reaching forward and pulling her close to him. Dahye gasped lightly with her palms on the wall at the sudden close contact before trailing her hands down his arms and placing them onto his chest.

"Would I have a chance?" he whispered, his lips slightly grazing against her cheek.

Dahye suddenly felt those familiar butterflies in the pit of her stomach yet again. When did he get so bold? Is he just playing around? There's no way. There were a million things running through her mind but her thoughts were suddenly interrupted.

"TIMES UP" jaehyun yelled, banging on the door. The two inside instantly turned their heads towards the door. Dahye sighed, pulling away as she recognized the voice.

"Bro, It hasn't even been 5 minutes yet." Mark grumbled as Jaehyun opened the door, pulling dahye beside him.

"Hi." she smiled innocently trying to avert his attention away from renjun. "It was mark's idea!" she pointed at the boy before running away, Jaehyun shook his head, following her shortly after.

"So.." jisung looked at renjun. "What happened?" chenle added, everyone eager for a mini story time.

"Nothing." renjun sighed annoyed, Jaehyun always had to show up and he couldnt understand why he was so overprotective of a girl that he wasnt even emotionally attached to.

"Im sorry dude, she did say she was trying to distance herself." Mark mentioned already annoyed with the fact that renjun and dahye were so oblivious to the fact that they were both jealous of other people. but he wanted them to figure things out themselves.

Renjun looked across the room at dahye who was now playing beer pong with the football team. "Maybe there is something I can beat him in." He motioned towards the game. "Jisung, you in?"

"Hey, why not me?" Mark pouted, making Chenle laugh and squish his cheeks. "Jisung is pretty good though."