▪︎44▪︎

jeongguk groaned the moment he instantly felt hos his body was harshly hit at the walls, little peaces falling on the floor together with him.

''tell me,'' the mythical creatures approached, walking towards jeongguk and ready to attack him for a second time. ''do you still believe in the moon goddess? do you believe she could help you now?'' was the voice of erebus who spoke up.

''you were destroyed with a reason!'' jeongguk yelled, carefully holding his right arm with pain, ''you were never supposed to re-born, erebus!''

taehyung's lips formed a fake pout, ''oh how sad, really.'' jeongguk looked at the boy, who was unsure if it was taehyung on the side of the god, or just the god possesively controlling his body. ''and I thought humans are pathetic, even the elementals are weak.''

''you know I will win.''

''and you know I will fight.'' jeongguk answered back and his hand pointed at the walls behind the familiar figure, still nothing happened. ''what? you will try to make fake attempts-'' taehyung was cut off when he felt how the walls broke right above him, making him fall and he was literally sandwiched between them, unable to move.

jeongguk sighed at relief when he saw he successfully moved the walls, promptly using his burning powers and force. he got up from his knee and ripped of part of his clothes to use it as bandage around his arms.

''g-gguk.'' a soft voice called out, making jeongguk's body shiver. ''g-gguk, h-help me.'' he heard the creature wearily saying. when he turned over to look above his arm, he saw taehyung hopelessly reaching his hand toward jeongguk. ''gguk.'' he whispered again.

but in this moment, there was no possible chance for jeongguk to know if it was his taehyung, the real boy he knew...or either erebus being used of taehyung's body and using it as his own.

he looked with poor eyes at him, biting his tongue at the regret if it was in fact the boy he dearly loved to speak up. and still, he didn't help him.

taehyung clenched his jaw and freed himself on his own, lifting the so heavy stones of the walls that any type of creature would be able to, just because they were specially craved from the mines. ''you seemed like a person to be easily manipulated.'' he sighed, seeing how the male was ready to make the next attack of his.

and so he did, jeongguk undoubtedly made the whole place burn with just a snap of his fingers, creating flames all around the previous throne hall that was now fully ruined.

there taehyung's figure stood in the middle. he just breathed out with an ice breath and everything turned eyes, it even spread out of the grand hall.

jeongguk noticed how erebus was in use of one of the strongest elementals, the ice one. the ice elemental was capable of killing faster and painfully, just like the fire. although, in this case- the eternal ice cooled down jeongguk's created fire too fast.

you see, the fire elemental was not just some red dancing flames- they were stronger and harder to be cooled down. but of course, he was fighting fiercely against a god plus an elemental.

''I need to take him far from here..'' jeongguk muttered and burned the halls he was running past, still knowing that it won't be successful.

he suddenly felt a strong grip around his wrist that pulled him in a small room. he was unable to proccess who it was at first, because the person had a hood on and a mask. ''who-'' but he was shushed immediately as they heard familiar footsteps.

jeongguk stayed quiet and saw taehyung's figure probably searching for him, as the only thing erebus ever has interest is dead. to be honest, it hurt him a lot. so fvcking much.