You/Maki Zenin - Half

(Jujutsu Kaisen)

You just stared at Maki, not listening to a word she was saying as you were lost in your own world

"(y/n)! The food is burning!"

Maki grabs the fire extinguisher and rushes to extinguish the flame while you try to air out the smoke from the room.

"I'm so sorry, Maki. I got distracted."

She turns off the fire alarm and returns the extinguisher without saying anything. It makes you nervous knowing that she was bound to ask what had distracted you. You weren't ready to tell her what had been on your mind. You've kept it from her for so long that you worried she would hate you for keeping it from her.

"What's on your mind? You're always so focused on making sure dinner is perfect."

"It's nothing."

You start to clean up the burnt food but she stops you.

"It's not nothing. It's obviously something if you managed to let it distract you enough to burn the food. What's going on?"

You have to tear your eyes away from hers to avoid seeing how worried she was. You didn't deserve for her to worry about you with how you've been lying to her.

"I....we need to talk."

Hearing this, Maki's heart starts to race. She thought everything between the two of you was fine. She wasn't sure what you needed to talk about but she had an idea that it wasn't good with the way you weren't able to meet her eye.

"Is it about us? Did I do something wrong?"

You quickly turn to her, shaking your head rapidly.

"No! Of course not. You're perfect." You stop to take a deep breath before continuing. "It's me actually. I'm the one who did something wrong."

Maki has to force herself to not let her mind wonder about what you could've done until you told her.

"Whatever it is. I'm sure we can get through it. Unless, you cheated on me. I don't think I can forgive you for that."

You actually laugh despite being threatened. You knew it was her way of cutting the tension.

"You know I would never do that. I love you to much."

"I know and I love you too. So what is it? What's going on?"

You turn around so your back was facing her. You weren't sure if you could handle seeing the betrayed expression she would give you. You wanted your last memory of her to be giving you a smile.

"I uh. I haven't been entirely honest of who I am, Maki. I'm not....I'm not all human. I'm half human and half curse."

You tense up when you hear rapidly move. Knowing she didn't hesitate to kill any curses, you shut your eyes and wait for her to deal the killing blow. When it never comes, you turn around to find her holding her sword close to your neck. Your eyes widen in surprise when you see her trying to hold in her tears.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was afraid of...." You stopped yourself before you admitted that you were afraid of her killing you. "of you leaving. I just wanted to live this life with you for just a little longer."

You wince as her blade lands on your neck, giving you a small cut.

"Why are you telling me this now? Why keep your secret for so long and then tell me now?"

"Gojo gave me an ultimatum. He said that I either told you or he was going to tell you. I...I'm going to be honest. I thought about leaving for so long so that he would tell you and I would never have to admit how I kept this from you. I wouldn't have to witness the pain I would cause you. But I got greedy and figured it wouldn't hurt to pretend I was normal for a little longer."

Maki shut her eyes to force herself to think you were just another curse. She needed to kill you. Curses hurt people and it was her duty as a sorcerer to get rid of them.

"Tell me that you didn't kill anyone. Tell me that your human side won and you never gave into the other."

You wanted to lie. You didn't want to die. You had made mistakes but you were making up for them now. That included telling the truth.

"I'm sorry, Maki. I can't say that."

She clenched her teeth while wiping her tears away. If she ever wanted to be head of the clan, you needed to die. Gojo might overlook the fact that she let you live but the clan wouldn't.

She tried to force herself to deal the killing strike but she couldn't. Her knees gave out as her tears finally spilled. She was conflicted about what to do.

"Get out of here. Don't come back because if you do. I'll kill you."

Instead of heading for the door, you headed for her.

"Kill me now. I can't stand the thought of being away from you. End my pain, Maki. Ever since I was born, all I've ever known is pain. Then you came along and made things better. You make me better. I know if I go out there again that I'll just hurt people again. I don't want to do that. I know you'll never forgive yourself for letting me get away when I kill again."

Maki gripped her blade tightly to the point were her knuckles were turning white. You were telling her that you would kill again and yet she couldn't kill you. She loved you....She loves you.

"I....I can't."

You wipe away her tears as you raise her blade back to your neck.

"You can. I knew this day was going to happen sooner or later. I've made my peace with it."

When she finally looks up, you give her a small smile with a nod.

".....I'm sorry."

"I love y...."

Maki brings down her blade before you could finish the sentence.

"I'll always love you, (y/n)."

--------------

All characters are 18+

Send me prompts and suggestions on request page. If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Shimizu Kiyoko - Tattoo

Esdeath - ??

Kotori Minami - Fall

Mayuko (High Rise Invasion)- ??

Shinoa Hiragi - Cold

Mahiru Hiragi - Mine

--------------