shotaro - tournament

word count : 510

-

"team b moves onto the semi-finals!" the emcee announced while looking at a tablet in their hand. your team immediately cheered since you were moving on in the tournament you were competing in.

"good job you guys," your captain said as you guys headed to the sidelines. "take a break. it'll be a bit before we go back on."

all of you went back into the area you had been warming up and took a small break. you walked to an area that was a bit secluded and drank some water while leaning against a wall. you grinned, thinking about how well the entire day had been so far.

"you were great out there," you heard someone speak. you looked over and saw a guy walking towards you.

"oh, thank you," you replied. "are you here to compete too?" you asked him.

he nodded, "yea, me and my group go back on in a bit." he put down a transparent water bottle that was almost empty. "i'm shotaro," he introduced himself.

"i'm y/n," you introduced yourself and smiled at him. "how long have you been dancing for?" you asked and started stretching your arms, trying to keep yourself as warm as possible.

"me? since i was a little kid," he answered and also started stretching with you. "what about you?"

"since i was kid," you replied.

the crowd started cheering again, and you looked towards the stage, where two other teams were competing.

"competition's heating up. those two groups and really good," shotaro mentioned while standing up straight.

"yea, the group in the black and gold have been our rivals for awhile," you said and used the wall as leverage as you stretched your legs. "are they your rivals too?" you asked.

"yea. them and some other groups since my team has former members of some of those groups," shotaro replied. the crowd cheered again as the battle went on.

"hey, shotaro! get over here!" someone called out to shotaro. you saw a guy walking while looking over in your direction.

"coming!" shotaro yelled back and picked up his water bottle. "see you around, y/n."

you smiled at him, "see ya later."

"hey, y/n, who were you talking to?" one of your teammates approached you while shotaro jogged back to his team.

"someone on another team," you answered and walked back with your teammate to where the rest of your group was. "are we going on soon?" you asked her.

she nodded, "yea, after the next set."

-

after a bit, it was time for you and your team to go on stage. you walked back onto the stage with your team and waited for the announcer to say something.

"so we meet again."

you looked to your side and saw shotaro standing next to you. his team members passed behind him as they walked on stage.

"we're against each other?" you questioned.

"i guess so," shotaro replied and smiled at you, "i'll try not to impress you too much."

you laughed, "let's see what you got."