haechan - rainy day

word count : 748

-

"see you guys tomorrow!" one of your friends shouted before hurrying out of the classroom.

"what's with him? is he going on a date?" you questioned and stood up with your bag in hand.

"probably," another friend replied. you two left the classroom together and headed downstairs. you went to your locker and grabbed another textbook that you needed for your homework. "do you have any plans this weekend?" your friend asked as she closed her locker.

"i'm meeting with friends from my hometown. why?" you asked.

"do you want to get lunch on sunday?" you asked.

"yea, sure," you replied with a smile.

the two of you walked through the front doors of the school building but noticed that it was raining.

"you're kidding," you spoke and looked into the sky.

"did you forget your umbrella? did you not check the weather for today?" your friend asked and pulled her umbrella out of her backpack.

you sighed, "no."

"well, i gotta go, see ya," your friend said and started walking out of the school grounds.

the rain made no signs of ending as you stood underneath the awning.

"boo."

"WHAT THE HELL?" you accidentally jumped away from the awning. you saw haechan, one of your classmates, laughing his ass off while you went back underneath the awning. "WHAT THE HELL, HAECHAN?" you screamed at him and grabbed the collar of his shirt while he continued laughing.

"dude, you're soaked," he said and continued to laugh at you.

then, you pushed him out so he was in the rain. he stumbled a bit before running back under the awning. his clothes were soaked just like yours.

"what'd you do that for?!" he yelled and took his backpack and blazer off.

"that's what you get!" you yelled back at him. "what are you doing here still?" you questioned him.

"i fell asleep. jeno woke me up as he was leaving," he answered. "why are you still here?"

"i'm waiting for the rain to end," you replied.

"well tough luck, it's not supposed to stop until late tonight," haechan said to you. he picked up his blazer and his backpack. "my house is a few blocks away. you can stay for a bit if you want," he offered.

"you sure?" you asked. he nodded. "okay."

"then let's go," he said and started running, using his backpack as cover since he didn't have an umbrella either. you took your backpack off and used it as cover before following haechan.

both of you reached his house and went inside.

"let me see if i can find an umbrella," he said to you and opened a door that led to a closet. "i honestly don't know if i have one or not," he admitted and moved some stuff.

"it's fine. i could just run home. it's not too far away," you said to him.

"hang on...ah-ha!" haechan suddenly exclaimed. he closed the door to the closet and held an umbrella in his hand. "found one," he smiled. "i'll walk you home," he said to you.

"oh, okay," you nodded. both of you left his house and haechan opened the umbrella. both of you barely fit underneath it, but it was better than nothing. "i can't believe i forgot an umbrella," you spoke as you two walked.

"do you not like rain?" haechan asked you.

"i like rain, i just don't like being in it," you replied, "but maybe the temperature will cool down. it's been way too hot."

"yea, that'd be nice," he replied. "how far is your house?"

"it's at the end of the next block," you answered as you two stopped at a crosswalk. a few cars drove by and the sign changed, allowing you two to walk. "it would've been fine if i went home by myself," you said to him as you two started walking again.

"i didn't want you to walk by yourself. you never know what could happen," haechan said. "are you going to the basketball game?" he asked you as you two approached your house.

"yea, i am. why?" you replied as both of you walked up the front steps. you unlocked the door with your key and opened the door.

"if you don't need to study, wanna go with me?" he asked and you walked inside your house.

you turned to look at haechan, "sure," you answered with a smile. "see you monday?"

he nodded, "yea, see ya," he said before walking away.