mark - first day

word count : 465

-

you walked into sm and went up to the reception desk, "hello. i'm a new employee," you spoke.

"oh, are you l/n y/n?" one of the workers asked you.

you nodded, "yes."

"we have some stuff for you," one worker handed you some papers and a badge. "the office you'll be in is on the fourth floor. the elevators are that way," she pointed.

"okay, thank you so much," you said before walking away from the reception desk. you walked to the elevators and pressed a button.

once the elevator came down and the doors opened, you stepped into the elevator and pressed the "four" button.

"hold the elevator please!" someone spoke. you instantly pressed the button that held the doors open. a guy hurried into the elevator, "thank you," he said to you.

"no problem. what floor are you going to?" you asked.

"four. oh? you're going up there, too?" the guy asked you.

you nodded, "mhm."

the elevator closed it's doors and started moving up. after a few seconds, it stopped moving and both of you stepped off.

you looked both ways and tried to figure out where to go.

"do you need help?" the guy, who was in the elevator with you, asked.

"uh, yea. it's my first day," you mentioned and showed him a piece of paper that had the place you were supposed to go.

the guy looked at the paper, "oh! it's down this way. i'll walk you there," he said.

"thank you," you said and both of you started walking.

"this place is kind of confusing. there's so many different areas here," the guy said to you. "so what are you?" he asked.

"i'm working as a graphic designer," you mentioned.

"oh cool," he replied. "i'm an idol here actually," he mentioned.

"r-really?" you questioned since you couldn't recognize him since he was wearing a mask and a hoodie.

"i'm in nct. my name is mark," he introduced himself to you.

"nice to meet you. i'm sorry for not recognizing you," you apologized.

"don't worry about it. wearing masks doesn't help when yo try to recognize someone," he said. "what's your name?" he asked.

"y/n," you answered.

"here we are," both of you stopped walking. "well, y/n, hope you have a great first day," mark said to you.

"thank you for helping me. i hope you have a nice day, too," you said to him.

"hey, if you need someone to show you around. i'll be in the practice room at the other end of the building, so feel free to come by," he offered.

"okay, thank you," you said to him.

"alright, see ya later," he said to you before walking away. you looked around the office area and headed towards someone.