yangyang - music show

i like how some of you guys are having full-on conversations in the comments and how people are just hella surprised about people's usernames.

-

word count : 477

-

"—like star-crossed lovers. when we shine just brighter," you sang while dancing on stage. all of a sudden, the music changed to a different song that you had never heard of but then changed back to your song. you just kept performing since this performance was a live recording.

once your stage ended, you left the stage during the blackout and went backstage with your dancers.

"y/n, you did great!" one of the dancers said to you, despite the mishap.

"thanks, you guys did great too," you said to them and sighed. "what was with the music?" you questioned.

"who knows. technology can be so unreliable sometimes," one of your dancers said.

"y/n! there you are!" your manager ran up to you. "good work out there. that was a good set you had."

"thank you," you said. "i'll be right back. i'm going to get a drink," you said. you started walking away and sighed as you walked down a hallway. you found a chair that was in the hallway and sat down on it.

i probably looked stupid out there...

the choreography was difficult for you, and you had messed up while you were on stage just minutes before. along with the music mishap, the stage just wasn't in your favor.

"you okay?" you looked up and saw a member of nct, yangyang.

"oh, hello," you immediately stood up and bowed.

"you don't need to be so formal with me. i just wanted to see if you are okay," yangyang said to you. "here," he handed you a bottle of water and motioned for you to sit down again. you sat down on the chair again. "i like your song, and your music video was really cool," he said.

"oh, thank you," you said to him. you opened the water bottle and drank some water. "will you be performing soon?"

he nodded, "yea. in a bit," he answered. "you know, your choreography looks really hard, but you're an amazing dancer."

"oh, i'm not that good. i'm better at singing," you said to him.

"don't doubt yourself! you're really good!" he said to you.

"y/n, you need to get changed and your hair needs to get done!" you heard your manager yell from down the hall. you nodded and stood up from the chair.

you looked at yangyang, "it was nice to meet you," you smiled at him.

"nice to meet you, too. hey, could i get your number? maybe we could dance together one day," he asked.

"yea, sure," you nodded. yangyang took his phone out and handed it to you. you typed your phone number in for him and handed his phone back. "i gotta go. see you later."

"yea, see ya."

both of you walked away in opposite directions with you walking back to get ready for the finale stage.