jeno - beach

word count : 723

-

"y/n! come on! don't just sit there all day!" one of your friends called out to you. you looked up from the book you were reading and saw your friends in the ocean in front of you, gesturing you to get in the water with them.

"i'll stay here for now," you told them and looked back down at your book.

yes, you were reading a book while your friends were having a good time, but to be fair, you were tired as hell from how long you drive the day prior. you wished you could have rested in your hotel room, but your friends insisted on you being with them at a somewhat secluded, yet busy beach.

you turned to the next page of your book and finished reading the chapter. then, you grabbed your bottle of water and drank some water. once you put your bottle back down in the sand next to you, a volleyball appeared in your view and landed near a cooler that you and your friends had brought to keep a bunch of drinks and sandwiches in.

a guy jogged up and grabbed the ball. "sorry about that," he apologized to you.

"oh, it's okay," you replied, closing your book and placing it on your lap.

"you wanna play with us?" the guy asked, running his hand through his hair. "it's just me and my friends."

not gonna lie, you were just staring at him. he was hot as hell, and it wasn't because of the temperature.

"you okay?" the guy asked.

you blinked a few times and nodded. "yea, i'm okay."

"so, you wanna play with us?" he asked again, throwing the ball into the air and catching it again.

"sure," you stood up, placing your book on the chair. you started walking with him to where a net was set up. "i'm y/n."

"jeno," he introduced himself and you two reached the net and his friends. "brought a new friend. this is y/n."

"hi!"

"hey."

the guys greeted you and you started playing volleyball with them. all of you started playing, and you hit the ball a few times.

after a bit, you walked back to where your chair was set up and grabbed your drink. you took a few sips and noticed the others still playing.

"done playing?" you noticed jeno, who had followed you.

"just taking a break," you said and sat down on the beach chair. jeno sat down next to you on one of the chairs that your friends had set up and leaned back with his hands behind his head. "do you live around here?" you asked him.

"me? nah, me and my friends are here from university," jeno answered. "what about you?" he asked.

"we came here from university, too," you replied.

"where do you go?" he asked, "we go to school in seoul."

you froze for a second. "really? we go to school in seoul, too," you said and grabbed your shirt that you had used as a cover-up earlier and showed him the logo for your school. "we go here."

"hold up, we go to the same school?" jeno asked. "are you a second year?"

you nodded, "yea, i am. how come i've never seen you around?" you questioned.

he shrugged his shoulders, "you're probably not a music business major, right?"

"i'm a public health major," you mentioned.

"that explains it. we're probably never in the same buildings. do you live on campus?" he asked.

you shook your head, "i have a place off campus, but it's only like a few blocks away." you grabbed your phone, "can i get your instagram?" you asked him.

"yea, sure," he nodded. you unlocked your phone and handed it to him. he added typed in his instagram handle your phone before handing your phone back to him.

"hey! jeno! come on!" both of you looked up when you heard one of jeno's friends call for him. it looked like they were getting ready to grill some food. you noticed that some of your friends were talking to his friends.

jeno looked at you, "shall we head over?" he asked.

"okay," you nodded and smiled at him. the two of stood up and started heading back over to the others with jeno's arm wrapped around your shoulders.