kun - cover

word count : 557

-

you put your hands on the back on your head and started pacing around the room while practicing. "we gon' light it up. light it up now darling," you sang, "we can make the stars align. we gon' light it up. light it up now we sparkling."

you stopped singing, a heavy sigh leaving your lips.

you sang the same part again but couldn't get yourself to like how your voice sounded.

"somebody looks unhappy."

you turned around and saw kun standing in the doorway. with a grin on his face, he walked in, letting the door close by itself behind him. he opened his arms up and both of you walked towards each other until both of you hugged each other.

"i missed you," kun said to you and kissed your forehead. "how long have you been here?"

"two hours? not too long," you answered. "but i haven't been able to practice much lately, i'm trying to get some time in before tomorrow night," you mentioned before sighing, not wanting to think about tomorrow's performance.

"let me listen. i bet you sound great," he said.

you shrugged your shoulders, "i'm probably not gonna sound good."

"i'll be the judge of that, missy," he said and kissed your forehead again. you nodded and walked to the sound system so you could play the music. you played the music from your phone, which was connected to a cord that connected to the sound system. you played the song and the music started playing from the speakers.

you started singing through the whole song while kun sat on the floor and listened to you. he kept up his smile as he listened to you. after a few minutes, you finished singing and the instrumental started playing again. you paused the music and kun applauded you.

"that was really good," he complimented. "you sound amazing."

"really?" you questioned.

he nodded, "mhm." then, he gestured you to sit next to him, "come here." you walked over to him and sat down in front of him. he leaned in and kissed your forehead again. "you're gonna do great at the recording, and you're gonna do great at the showcase," he said to you. "you've been working really hard on everything. i know you've been busy and said you haven't been able to practice much, but you sound great."

"thank you," you smiled at him.

"there's that smile i love," he said and pecked your lips. "when are you leaving?" he asked you.

"probably around ten. i need to practice the dances, too," you said.

"let's dance together," he said and both of you stood up. "you're dancing with red velvet, right?" he asked you.

"yea," you said and walked to your phone. you started playing music and started going over choreography while kun did random stuff since he definitely did not know the choreography. you turned around to look at kun, "you look like a chicken."

"am i supposed to take that as a compliment or something?" he asked. "since you know the choreography, you should teach me."

"really?" you questioned him.

"yea, come on. what else are you gonna do?" he said.

"okay, let's dance," you said to him. you started teaching him the choreography, and he stole some kisses to make sure you were happy and no longer stressing out.