C0 A Baby Girl

On a rainy night in a sleepy small town in America a little baby girl lay sleeping in a basket right on the front porch of a house that sat hidden from most other houses in the neighborhood  .

It lay behind a tall brick wall that nobody could climb over if they tried . Except maybe the one who placed the baby girl there on the porch  .

The porch had an overhanging roof that kept the  rain from the little baby .

Snuggled up in a thick yellow baby blanket , she was also protected from the cold . In fact ,her round baby cheeks flushed with the warmth that engulfed her whole tiny baby body .

Whoever put her there had thought of protecting her from the elements it seemed , but how that was accomplished none might perhaps never know. One would've thought that the cold might seep into her blanket . Yet as it is , it didn't. And that was a good thing .

The one who left her there also wrote a letter it seemed . A small corner  of the envelope was clutched in one of the baby's little hands .

If one would peek , it held no name but a rather strange sentence.

To Whom She Was Given .

Yes ,rather odd . Because she wasn't given . She was left on a stranger's porch with no way of knowing if the owner of the porch were nice or rude .

Good or evil.

One could go on and on , but it won't do much .

Though , inside this particular house lived a family of strange people who've lived a very long time .

People that wouldn't throw away a child if they had a chance of raising one .

There was a mother called  Esme and a father named Carlisle . There was also three boys and two girls .

They were the Cullens and Hales  . A family of Vampires that didn't drink the blood of humans .

They were a true family . Not some backwards Coven who cared only about numbers rather than familial bonds .

They loved and cared and all that just like normal families do .

They held a strong bond and would probably care for the baby girl like they cared for each other.

The family weren't home now as one would expect them to be .

No ,they were out hunting for animals ,which was probably a good thing because once they come home ,they would be discovering their new housemate and one of them needed more control over his bloodlust than the rest .

Jasper Whitlock , who went as Jasper Hale , the twin brother of Rosalie Hale ,one of the girls .

It was how they blend in . As a family , that is . Moving from one place to another once the years have gone on enough and people start noticing that they don't age .

The baby girl stirred in her sleep , clutching tighter onto the letter, her rosy full lips puckering and soft sniffling sounds coming from her as she sighed softly in her sleep .

The baby girl wasn't a very young baby . She was almost six months old and really pretty little thing .

If one would see her ,one would wonder why someone would leave her on someone's porch . A defenceless baby girl who had a very long time to grow up .

One would also wonder who left her there , considering that no one could get into the yard without going through the wrought iron gate at the end of the property.

Yet that iron gate was locked tightly. A sure thing that nobody could've gotten in that way .

And nobody could've gotten in from above because no human could fly .