Chapter 2: Identity

I was freaking out. WTF. Why is this man here?? Don't tell me, I actually reincarnated in "Marlene Chronicles".......FUCK. Of all the fantasy type worlds I could have reincarnated, ITS THIS ONE?! I could've been some kind of powerful hero who saves the world with some kind of cheat ability like in those isekai novels, but I get the stupid world of my sisters favorite otome game?!

He and I stared at each other for a while. That got me thinking, Who am I? Am I this mans child??? Ugh, that's even worse! Antony is a Duke, so that explains the lavish living conditions, but I wouldn't say he's the best father.....

The Duke approached my crib slowly, as he observed me. I just stared at him, my numb expression not giving away anything. 

"So..."He spoke up, "you're that child, huh." He spoke in a cold tone. Hey, big man, watch how you speak to children, also, if this was a normal baby, he wouldn't understand you, so be thankful I'm mentally 17. 

"Sorry I haven't visited....We were, grieving." Ah. Now I remember. The villainess of this story, Alice Grendbell, had a brother, but she didn't like him very much. Why? Because the Duchess, Alice's mother died during childbirth. So that means, I've reincarnated as Allen Grendbell, the villainess' younger brother. Great.

The Duke stay's there for a while, he mostly just stared at me, saying nothing, seriously, what's with that guy? Anyway, once he left, I could finally collect my thoughts. This situation turned out to be worse than I thought, I am currently living in the world of "Marlene Chronicles", as Allen Grendbell.  

Allen didn't appear much in the game, or maybe he did, either way, my sister didn't talk much about him, so I don't know much, but I did know about his sister, Alice. Like I said before, she was the games main villain. She gets engaged with the crown prince of this kingdom later in the story, and then when the heroine comes into the story, she's jealous of the attention she gets from the male leads, that includes the crown prince, and starts harassing the heroine. Allen in the game is used to further explain how evil Alice is, by mentioning he gets harassed by her.

The only reason I know how Duke Grendbell looks like, is because there is a cutscene when Alice is exiled, and the Duke is in it. God, it's making me sad knowing I know this much about the game, but at least it's useful. 

The game's timeline starts when all the characters enter a school called "Saint Marlene's academy" named after a very famous Saint. That's where the games title comes from. The heroine enters the school when she is 16, and so do most of the other characters, except for the characters who are already enrolled in the academy.

So. I have about 15 years, until the games events start, during that time, I need to improve my situation, and try to stay away from the wreck that is the main story of this god forsaken game.