18.

Vote Target - 220

It was the day of the wedding. The last ceremony before the actually wedding was to take place.

Maheen had cheered up after her talk with Gehna, although Abeer hadn't spoken to her or looked at her throughout the celebration and she knew he had only graced them with his presence because of Mrunal, she felt a ray of hope after Gehna's talk, soon he would have to forgive her.

Hania and Avantika were making sure all the flower arrangements were properly done, while Meera was setting the mixing the large bowl of turmeric and sandalwood paste and lacing it with kewra and rose water.

Mrunal, Gehna and Maheen sat on the little footstools talking to each other while the rest of the men were hurdled in the other corner talking about the wedding preparation.

Meera picked up the thali with the turmeric paste she had prepared and transferred into two big bowls.

"Gehna." Meera called for her . "You need to take these to Dev, he needs to touch the turmeric paste before we can apply it on Mahi." Meera said. "Abeer told me Dev is having a headache and won't come down for the ritual so someone from the family will have to go and get this done."

"Oh don't worry bua, I'll go and get this touched by Dev." Gehna said and took the heavy thali from Meera and gave it to one of the handmaiden.
"I'll be quick." Gehna said, she looked at Maheen and Mrunal, watched them laugh at what Prithvi said and she smiled as well.

"Chalo." She said to the handmaiden barely 16  taking the thali from her and walked across the courtyard towards the furthest part of the west wing.

A few more hours and her best friend would leave the palace, a place they had grown up chasing each other, their home, their sanctuary. The last three days when she was busy being happy about her friend's wedding she had completely forgotten the fact that her best friend was here to stay just these last hours.

"Gehna Baaji." The attendant Jhumri walking with her said. "Are you crying ?"

"I'm not." Gehna replied blinking away the unexpected tears.

"You two are best friends, I would cry too if someday Sheefa was taken away from me so suddenly."

"Who is Sheefa ?"

"My best friend Baaji."

"Hmm... Mahi is .. we had to get married and go away someday, I wasn't .. wasn't expecting it to be so soon. But- I'm happy, happy for her." Gehna said.

"I am too Baaji."

"Good. Now don't engage me in a conversation." Gehna said looking behind at the young girl who had fallen back. "Walk faster or we'll keep everyone waiting and Maheen does not like to wait, she have everyone's head on a platt-ouch."

Gehna was sure she had taken a turn wide enough to not bang against the wall. She snapped her head up to see it wasn't a wall but the hard muscular chest which had blocked her and banged against her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry."

"No..no it's .. it's my fault." Gehna muttered cursing herself for stuttering.

"I'm so sorry Gehna Ji I was rushing to get to the courtyard on time and I -."

"Aditya Ji its fine, and you can just call me Gehna, the Ji makes me feel a lot lot more older." She said making Aditya chuckle.

"Well I will if you drop the suffix too." He said and Gehna smiled. "Has the location changed ?" Aditya asked pointing towards the turmeric bowl.