34

eunha arrived by the front door of jaemin's house breathlessly, after running for a solid 10 minutes from the cafe. she rung the bell and when she only received silence in return, she started knocking the doors.

"jaemin, please." she muttered lowly, hoping for the called one to open the door for her.

it was as if her prayers were answered, the door opened. jaemin, who stood weakly behind the door gave a faint smile to her, his eyes red and puffy.

"you're here," he weakly said with a crack in his voice as his eyes starts welling up in tears.

"jaemin," she called out. she couldn't ignore the state he was in and it was breaking her heart.

"you're really here," jaemin said once again before a tear escaped from his eyes.

without a word, jaemin opened the door wider - a silent invitation for eunha to come in.

the moment she stepped inside, a confused look was plastered on her face. the house seemed so different to how it was before.

"i- i lost my mind and this happened." jaemin spoke up, eyes trailing on the mess. stuffs that were previously decorated well on the tables now were on the floor, books which belonged on the shelves looked like they were thrown on the floor.

the house was a total mess, a complete opposite of how it was before.

eunha's eyes were locked on jaemin, even with all the mess in front of her which rosé surely isn't fond of.

"sorry, i'll clean it up. you can wait in the kitchen." given the state he was in, it was understandable that he misinterpreted eunha's look as one of disgust. but rather it was a look of care.

"no," she stopped him by gripping his wrist and getting him to face her. jaemin was still holding back his tears and the moment he was facing her, his eyes gave up and let his tears fall down his face.

"why are you still holding back your tears? let them out. cry all you want. i came for you and i'm here for you." she said. her words making him cry more.

her heart broke the more she listened to his sobbing.

as if they were magnets, eunha pulled him closer just as he lets his body fall into her embrace. his face sinking in her shoulder as she continue to let his tears wet her shirt. his sobbing got louder when she started patting and rubbing circles on his back.

"i'm here for you," she muttered. she wanted to be strong for him but seeing how broken he was, she too was drowned in sadness.

"you don't have to tell me what's wrong if you don't want to."

"i just want you to know that i'm here for you. you're not alone, jaemin."

a few minutes passed with the two tightly wrapped in each other's arms, sharing the warmth of one another.

eunha didn't feel awkward, though it was their first time being so close to each other. she felt comfortable but worried he might be uncomfortable given his posture.

but he liked the feeling of being close to her. her embrace made him feel as though the broken pieces of him were almost back together. it wasn't fixed, he wasn't cured of the pain he was bearing. but it felt lighter to him, as if her presence were there to help him.

and perhaps he wasn't wrong.

when he loosened his grip around her, he quickly wiped off the remaining tears on his face.

"do you want to talk about it? or should we clean up the mess before your mom comes home?" asked eunha, cracking a joke to lift up the mood.