The Darkness

Kakashi rushed Yuki home as fast as he could, sending out ANBU to fetch Iruka and a medic. He laid her gently down on her bed, ripping off his mask and cloak. He could have cared less if she woke up at that moment and saw him standing there. He had to make sure she was going to be ok. Within minutes the medic showed up, Iruka running in after her.

"Kakashi, what happened?!" Iruka stared down at Yuki, fighting the urge to grab her hand. The medic was working and it was best not to get in her way.

"I tried to stop her. She pushed herself too hard, she wanted to find out as much as she could. This is all my fault, I should have stopped her sooner." Kakashi placed his hands on the top of his head, turning away from the scene in front of him.

"Don't blame yourself Kakashi." Iruka reached a hand out, touching his friend's arm "Yuki wanted nothing more than to prove herself as a capable member of the village. I helped put that in her head too" Iruka sighed remembering his words as Yuki had left.

"Kakashi-sama" An ANBU was standing in the doorway to Yuki's bedroom "The Hokage requests you return back to headquarters immediately."

Kakashi's anger overflowed and he reached for the first thing he could find throwing it at the ANBU.

"I'll leave when I'm finished! Tell the Hokage that!" He yelled. The ANBU ran like a flash as Iruka reached up to hold Kakashi back from running after the ANBU.

"Kakashi calm down!" Iruka yelled holding him back. Iruka pushed him into the chair by the windows and Kakashi froze.

This is my seat, He glanced over at Yuki as the medic circled her. What have I done? Kakashi bowed his head, clasping his hands in front of him. Yuki if you make it through this I promise to...

"Kakashi," His head picked up as the medic approached him "Yuki will be fine. She just needs time to recover more chakra. Thankfully her genjutsu takes chakra from whoever is under it, that's the only way she survived that long. I'd say she'll probably be out for the rest of the night, possibly till morning." The medic turned to gather her things as Kakashi made his way over to Yuki.

Iruka watched as Kakashi sat next to Yuki, taking her hand.

"Let me know if you need anything." The medic said as she passed by Iruka

"Thank you. I'll be staying with her tonight, just to be sure." The medic nodded and left.

Iruka stood by the side of the bed, waiting for Kakashi to say something.

"You can't tell her I'm in ANBU." Kakashi said still looking at Yuki

"What? You mean she doesn't know you're the one who sent for her?"

"No. She knows me as 'Wolf' the ANBU and that's all she needs to know." Kakashi rose, picking up his things from the floor

"Why would you do that? Why not tell her? What's the big..." Iruka was cut off swiftly, Kakashi standing in front of him a cloud of anger and rage.

"Because," He began through gritted teeth "that is how I want things."

"Whatever you want Kakashi." Iruka decided now was not the time to pick apart Kakashi's argument.

Kakashi redressed and took one last look at Yuki.

"If you need anything send for me." Iruka nodded, Kakashi leaving to deal with the mess he had caused with the Hokage.

Iruka moved a chair next to Yuki's bed. It was 4 in the afternoon and Iruka was ready for the long night ahead.