twenty seven

Top ten anime betrayals.

It's been two days since Luis Pierce and i broke up.

I haven't left my room. I couldn't. I slept for ninety percent of the two days. Kobe convinced Mom that i had the flu so i could stay off school, but i had a math test today that i couldn't miss.

Niko drove Kobe and i to school today since i don't have to energy to do my hair let alone drive, and Kobe... well she's fourteen.

I still haven't told either of them what happened between me and... him. I don't wanna talk about it. I'm a dumbass for ever even believing him.

It's lunch and i'm in the library, hiding behind a book. I'm waiting until twenty past, which should be way after the time my friends get their lunch so i don't have to run into them. It's seventeen past now, so i decide to risk it and go three minutes early.

The canteen is moderately empty, much to my relief. I walk up to the counter, get my food, and turn on my heels. Mission successful.

"Devyn!"

Well shit.

I turn around to see Aadhya waving, sat at the table with the boys. Luis glances up at me before looking back down at his tray. Fuck sake.

Taking a deep breath, i smile, walking over to the table.

"Hey guys." i put my tray down, sitting beside Josiah who is sat next to Carter, Aadhya opposite me and Luis to the left of her.

"Hey girl, how have you been? Kobe told us you weren't feeling well." Aadhya pouts.

I subconsciously glance at Luis, but he's already looking at me.

"I'm okay." i smile softly, picking up my juice box and piercing it with the straw.

"So, there's this frat party on the weekend and i think we should go." Aads starts.

"I'm not coming." i mumble.

"Don't be silly D. Anyway, my friend invited me but he only mentioned bringing one plus one, so the rest of you might not get in." she continues.

"I said i'm not coming Aads." i look up at her.

"Dev, i know you'd much rather stay home with your boyfriend but-"

"I have to go." i pick up my tray, standing up.

"Devyn." i hear Luis say, but i'm already walking away. I can't do this right now.

After cleaning away my tray i decide to go to the second floor, taking the fire exit out on to the roof terrace.

My plans of having peaceful alone time is abruptly ruined as i see home else sat on the terrace, their legs dangling over the side.

The only thing that stops me from turning and walking back inside is the black fitted cap perched on the persons silky black hair.

I walk over, sitting down beside him. He glances over at me and smiles, offering me his spliff. I take it from between his fingers.

"Hey pretty girl." he drags his words a little.

"Hi Evan." i roll my eyes before taking a draw from the spliff, letting the smoke out through my nose after holding it in for a bit.

"Thought you didn't like being out of control?" he says as he watches me.

"When am i ever in control?" i shake my head, taking another puff before handing him the blunt.

"You take well for someone who doesn't do drugs." he keeps his eyes on me as he blows out a couple O's.

"I don't do drugs. I didn't say i've never done drugs." i can't help but smile a little.

"Hm, pretty girl with a dark past. Sounds like a movie." he finally breaks eye contact, looking over the view in front of us.

"My name's Devyn if you were wondering." i lean back on my hands.

"I know your name, princess." he glances at me.

I roll my eyes at him. I quite like Evan. He's a good friend. Well i'd like to think we're friends but i met him, like, a week ago.

"I don't think your boyfriend would be pleased to know you're hanging out with me right now." he says after a moment.

"He's not my boyfriend." i look over at him.

"Oh?" he raises his eyebrows a little. He looks at me as if he's reading my face, then hands me the blunt. "I'm sorry about that."

"It's whatever." i shrug, bringing it to my lips.

"Does that mean i can unapologetically flirt with you now?" he smirks a little.

"You were doing that anyway." I glare at him and he laughs.

"What's with the pet names?" i raise an eyebrow at him.

"You don't like it?"

"I didn't say that." i mutter, turning forward again.

"So, are you gonna use me as a rebound?" he takes his hat off, running a hand through his hair and putting it on backwards.

I look at him, suddenly flustered.

"You can if you want." he shrugs, a little smirk pulling at the corner of his mouth.

"Shut up." i huff and he chuckles to himself.

We sit in comfortable silence for a little while. I feel strangely at ease.

"You know Evan," i lean back, looking up at the sky. "Our names are pretty similar."

"Shit, yeah they are." he mock gasps. He's taking the piss out of me.

"Bitch." i mutter, shoving him a little as he laughs.

A drop of rain falls on to my arm and we both look at it. Then another, the another, until suddenly it's pouring with rain.

We laugh, standing up and walking back in through the fire exit.

"Ugh, i look like a wet dog." i wring the water out of my curls, which got surprisingly wet considering we were in within twenty seconds.

Evan takes off his hat, leaning forward and brushing my hair over my shoulder before putting the hat on my head.

His dark hair falls over his face in curtains and he runs a hand through it.

"There." he fixes it a little, before turning and walking down the stairs.

He turns around when he realises i'm not following him.

"You coming or are you just gonna stare at me?"

I snap out of my trance, flipping him off as i begin to walk down the stairs to join him.