Basket 5

Third POV

"This ends now!"

As she said that, (Y/N) landed one of her famous dunks, a powerful move that felt and sounded like it had a lot of force behind it. Just milliseconds before the buzzer rang out, everyone looked on in shock and amazement. Even if someone had seen her play before, (Y/N) never failed to disappoint with impressing the crowds.

The girl didn't even hear the buzzer go off, just the sound of the ball hitting the ground as well as her own feet. Looking over at the score, everyone saw what they had been working so hard towards. It was a one sided win, Seirin at 100, and Kaijo at 98.

They had done it. Seirin had come out the winner. As the students of Kaijo began reeling in that their team had just lost, (Y/N) turned to Kagami to make sure she wasn't just seeing things.

Once she saw his smile, she knew. They had done it. And that's when a big smile appeared on her face as she and the red headed player pumped their fists with excitement.

"Oh yeah!!" The two of them cheered in victory as the rest of their team joined in from the bench.

Seirin's cheers filled the gym as Riko stood up from her spot, giving the team a proud thumbs up. Even the second year starting players were having a hard yet happy time believing that they had just won against such a team.

"Man, it almost feels too good to be real," Hyuga laughed as he, Izuki, and Mitobe gave the two powerful first years thumbs up as well.

Standing behind them, hands on his knees in order to catch his breath, Kuroko soon smiled himself. The phantom had accomplished something today, something he had wanted to do for a long time. And he had done it with his partner in crime, so that made it even better.

Straightening back up after he had rested, Kuroko caught sight of his friend jogging over to him with a smile that could light up the night's sky. (Y/N) just couldn't contain her happiness anymore. This was their first good win in a long time, how could she not smile?

"We did it, Tetsu!" She cheered as she gave the phantom a hug in her excitement, wrapping her arms around his shoulders, their heads side by side.

Kuroko immediately wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close. They had both been wanting something like this for so long, ever since their middle school days. So, the phantom couldn't help but to smile since he got to do this with the one person he wanted to do it with the most.

"We sure did," Kuroko responded back to (Y/N) as the two of them smiled to each other before laughing slightly.

On Kaijo's side of the gym, their team was still trying to process their loss. Hibiki had fallen back in his seat with total shock and awe in his expression.  It wasn't like he hadn't seen Kuroko and (Y/N) play the game before, it was just...this time, they were on different teams.

It's almost like he's seeing a different side to his friend's and sister's play style. Just the amazing force behind it all. All of their hard work. They had gotten stronger.

"Oh wow...." The younger Bashira twin awed as he watched Seirin continuing on with their little celebration of their win.

So, this was the feeling of losing, huh? Kise stood behind his teammates in shock. He had never lost before, it almost didn't seem real.

"No way... did we really lose?" The blonde questioned.

It stung, bad. Even in Teiko, Kise had never really lost all that much before. They had always won. Why did it hurt so much? It was only a practice game, so why? This had never happened to him before.