Chapter - 13 Address as Her highness

Raine Simmons - Blackwood

I grew stiff as I heard the voice, I loathed the most. My eyes widened as all those filthy memories crashed on me.

Meanwhile, His majesty was looking at me with peeked-up curiosity, scrutinizing me.

I turned to face that dickhead who was already looking at me with astonishment. His hand slowly moved to reach my hand.

Hunter and Amber stepped in front of us preventing me from his reach.

" Lord Lucas, we advise you to maintain a distance from our Queen. " Hunter, our royal guard as well as the advisor said. Amber just nodded.

He frowned.

" I appreciate it Hunter, Amber but I can handle him. " I said.

" But - " he said but his majesty cut him off.

" It's alright Hunt. " This time, it was His majesty's affirmative tone.

" But Darius - " but decided to drop it as his glare hardened. They soon stepped aside.

Everyone close to him calls him by his name. The advisors, Hunter, Amber, Jasper, and Rory, and family, address him by his name because they grew up together and they are so close.

" Lord Lucas " I muttered annoyingly rolling my eyes.

" Oh please, Raine!! call me Lucas. We're past that, aren't we? " He smirked looking at his majesty.

He surely knows how to push the buttons.

" But I want you to address your queen as her highness. " His majesty said unlinking my arm from his and putting it around my shoulder instead, pulling me into him.

I felt my insides warm up with his small gesture and I was so sure that my cheeks turned red.

What was he doing to me?

" I disapprove of your disrespect. Despite your past, you share, she is still our Queen. I don't tolerate any disrespect towards her. Do I make myself clear ?"

" Ye— yeah, I am sorry your majesty. I am sorry your highness. " He apologized, lowering his head.

" It's okay, Lord Lucas. What do you want? " I asked throwing a bored look. " Who invited you in? "

" We invited him, Raine. " Jose said as the trio approached us. " He's our old friend. We are sorry, your majesty, Raine, we should've asked you. "

Ah!! Makes sense.

" It's okay. Don't worry. " We both said in unison. I glanced at his majesty, before turning back to that asshole.

" How can you forget what has happened between us, my queen? " Lucas smirked. His eyebrow arched up in amusement.