21

I lazily pulled a huge black hoodie over my head. With a tired sigh, I pulled my hair up in a bun. Glancing in the mirror, I could see my efforts were a huge fail. I just turned away, pulling on black sneakers. I walked out of my room to find the apartment empty. The others had left much earlier. I was the only one here.

Walking to the fridge, I grabbed a bottle of water. I opened it and too small sips of water. I was extremely exhausted and in need of some-

A knock sounded at the door and I knew who it was when it suddenly opened without me having to walk all the way there. Alexa dressed in tight black pants, black heels and a loose long sleeved white shirt strolled in like the place was a Victoria Secret runway. Her brown hair was up in a neat ponytail.

"You look like a hobo," she commented. I looked down at my grey sweats, black hoodie and black sneakers. I just put the bottle of water down and stuffed my hands in my pockets as I walked past her.

I was too tired to deal with this shit.

Alexa snorted from behind me as I walked out of the room to the elevator, pressing the button to go down.

"What happened to you? Vittore finally figure out you're just shit?"

I patiently waited for the elevator which came quickly. I walked in, pressing the button for the ground floor. Alexa stepped in and the doors closed behind her. We stood in silence as we went down. I knew she wanted to say something but I honestly didn't care.

When we reached, I stepped out, walking out the door with Alexa on my heels. She walked faster, getting ahead of me as we got out, headed to what looked like a small convoy of black cars. She was so wrapped up in herself, she didn't notice when I went the other way.

I took a deep breath as I walked down the slightly crowded street. I just needed to find a pharmacy.

"Hey!" Alexa hissed, coming out of nowhere and grabbing my arm. I quickly turned to see her. She was slightly pink and breathing hard. She run after me. Cute. "Where do you think you're going?! Trying to escape?"

I tagged my hand out of hers. I knew I couldn't run. Vittore would find me in less than a day. That and I wasn't in the shape to run. I continued forward, ignoring Alexa.

"You can't just ignore me you know! I'm in charge of you now!" Alexa yelled. People turned to look at her, causing a blush to rise on her cheeks as she chased after me.

"Where are you going?! The convoy I arranged for us is that way genius," Alexa rambled as she got to my side.

Of course she would get a convoy.

"Hello! I'm talking to you!"

"And I'm choosing to ignore you," I finally said. God couldn't this girl shut the fuck up. I didn't feel like talking or making any effort to do a single fucking thing today.

"You can't do that. I'm in charge of you."

I ignored her once more. My eyes kept looking around for a sign of a pharmacy anywhere near. There should be signs or something right? My gaze went over all the buildings around us. Probably.

"What do you want me to do with the convoy then huh? They are waiting for us back at the hotel," Alexa mumbled almost to herself.

"Tell them to go without us," I said. It was best anyway. We'd be there before them.

"I don't take orders from you," Alexa hissed as we turned the corner. The rising morning sun shone on one of the tall buildings, creating a picture worthy image. One I kept to mind.

"Let's be clear Alexa. I'm letting you follow me. You are aware I could slip past you with no problem right?" I said absentmindedly as my eyes finally found what I was looking for.

Good Rose Clinic.

"You have some nerve don't you? Thinking you can just waltz into our mafia..." I chose to drown out the rest of Alexa's words as I walked to the clinic. I made my way around back, pulling my hood over my head.

The back door wasn't that hard to spot and the best thing was it just needed me to pick the lock to get in. I turned to Alexa who was still rumbling. I reached my hand out, holding onto her shoulder and pulling her closer. My eyes were glued to her hair.

She had to have a pin in there somewhere. The ones in my hair were the fucking back bone to my so called bun. I wasn't taking them out. I used my other hand to turn her head side to side until my eyes finally spotted a small black pin and pulled it out.

I stepped away from Alexa who's face was beet red, her eyes glaring at me. I just rolled my eyes and used the pin to slowly open the door.

"Stay here. I'll be back," I said and slipped inside the white empty corridor.

"Oh no you don't! I-"

I shut the door before she could enter. She knew better than to call for me. Making my way down the hall, I was glad it was still morning hours. Not many people were around. I peeped down the next corner, seeing a few pharmacists up ahead. I watched them but the sound of steps came from behind me.

Bloody hell.

I looked around, spotting a door I quickly opened it, slipping through. It took me straight to behind the desk at the front of the pharmacy. I looked around, no one in sight. Sighing, I looked at the shelves of medicines behind me for the red tablets I needed.

It took a while but I spotted them. I picked enough to last a while, putting them in my hoodie. The door I came in opened, revealing an elderly man in a lab coat. We stared at each other for a second.

"What are you doing here? What are you taking?"

Time to bolt. Pushing past him, I run down the way I came. I passed other pharmacists who looked confused.

"Stop her! She stole some drugs! Stop the girl!" I heard shouts behind me. My eyes caught a bunch of medicine paper bags and I stopped to grab one, putting in the tablets before I was off again.

I dodged everyone who reached for me, almost losing an eye because of some idiot who went for my hair and finally got out the back door where Alexa was waiting. She looked ready to complain until she heard the commotion behind me. I run down the small alley to the main road, pulling off my hoodie and sweats with Alexa on my heels.

I had on black leggings and a long cream shirt inside. With a small debate in my head, I decided to let my bun free. my black hair tumbled down on my shoulders and I shook them out before continuing my run.

Once I was sure I was in the clear, I stopped. My hand was tightly clutched around the medicine paper bag as I looked at a panting Alexa.

"What did... what did you do?" she asked through her gasps.

"You'd know if it was any of your business," I said as I continued walking ahead. If she couldn't keep up, that was on her.

"It is my business if you're putting me in dange-"

"Do you have cash on you?" I interrupted.

"... Yeah why?"

I smiled. Who knew the annoying brat had some use?