Teamwork

Third POV:

Dwayne was peacefully going down the river as Max and the others caught up to him. Max ran past and spotted a few vines before neighing and running faster. He pulled down a vine before glancing at Dwayne and running once more. Ruddiger and Pascal both grabbed onto the vine right before Max shot them towards the tree across the river. They both slammed into the tree and Sunny face palmed at them.

Ruddiger and Pascal both fell onto the ground. Ruddiger started to shake his fist angrily at Max. Sunny let out a deep growl making him stop and roll his eyes. Max pulled the vine right and Sunny jumped on top of it easily keeping his balance.

Dwayne's foot touched the vine and Sunny was about to jump onto the raft. Ruddiger and Pascal held onto the vine as they were flung into the water and hit a large rock. All three of the animals fell into the water and came out completely drenched. Sunny shook as much water off of himself as he could before he started trying to clean himself.

"Who's the guy who stole from the princess? It's Dwayne, yeah, it's Dwayne." Dwayne sang to himself using his sword as a microphone.

"Ugh! No trap doors, no secret passages, not even a hidden compartment. What kind of enchanted talisman is this?" Rapunzel asked and (Y/n) put her hands on her hips. "I told you there wouldn't be any." She said and Rapunzel threw a pillow at her.

"Looks like we're gonna be here for the rest of our lives." Kiera said. "I call this couch!" Catalina yelled charging towards one of the couches. "Hey! Maybe it won't be that bad after all...ew." Catalina said pulling out a skull with a pirate bandana around it. Catalina smirked before placing the skull on top of her hand. "It won't be that bad until we starve. There's no food here." (Y/n) said as she sat down next to Varian as Catalina snuck behind where they both were sitting.

"Hi, roomies! My name's Scully! I got a bone to pick with you." Catalina said changing her voice slightly as she made the skull talk to Varian. (Y/n) giggled as Varian tried to push move away from the skull. "Let me try!" Kiera said running up to Catalina. "Why? You wanna tickle everybody's funny bone?!" Catalina asked and (Y/n) laughed.

"Skully, shh! Do you hear that?" Rapunzel asked covering the skulls mouth. "It's Dwayne!" They all heard softly looking up at the jewel covering.

"Who's gonna sell the necklace for a fortune? Dwayne is, that's me. I say D-W-A-N-Uh...I mean, D-W-A-Y-N-E." The thief sang and Kiera rolled her eyes. "Oh, brother." "Guys, don't you get it? If we can hear him, he can hear us. We just need to make our voices louder." Rapunzel said picking up something to amplify her voice as the others gathered around her.

"Hello!" She said and Dwayne gasped looking around scared. "Is someone there?" Dwayne asked. "Listen, you bone headed weasel!" Kiera yelled making Dwayne jump up frightened.

"Angry, give it back." Rapunzel said and Dwayne used the hot dog on his stick as a weapon as he looked all around him. "Who's angry? Give what back?" Dwayne asked. "We're not going to get him to bring us to the sea by insulting him." Rapunzel scolded the girl. "Wait...insult who?" Dwayne asked.

"Maybe we can just explain the situation to him and he'll help us out." (Y/n) said and Dwayne held his hot dog ready to strike. "What situation?" He asked. "Something tells me he's not going to do it if we ask him nicely either." Varian said and (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders. "It was worth a shot." "You're right. Dwayne! This is your subconscious." Rapunzel said making her voice sound ghostly.

"Huh? Sub what now?" Dwayne asked. "Your subconscious. You know, your innermost self? That little voice in your head?" Rapunzel tried to explain. "I don't understand." He said and (Y/n) rolled her eyes taking the thing from Rapunzel. "We're you, dummy." She said before handing it back to Rapunzel.