Chapter 74 - 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐧

Jax's Point Of View

The gunshots were fired and my mind raced across all the possibilities of who was behind the attack and how they even managed to get the way around here. Of course, the first thing to come to mind will obviously will be the Milans but that only answers one question on who it was not the rest.

My gang members had placed all their trust in me as I offered them safety and protection but now their bodies were dropping to the ground with no second words. Panic was now belittling my whole figure. I have to readjust myself if I'm going to put myself back in charge and help the people that I refer to as my brothers and sisters even if we are not blood since it's loyalty that binds us together not blood in the end.

I am Jax Martinez. The American Mafia boss. The one people fear and obey to my commands. Who the fuck did the Greek think they are busting in here and attack my family? They would pay for their actions with the harsh rage and fury that I'll spell and brew onto their turf.

Lex talionis.

Latin for an eye for an eye. The one phrase my father repeats over and over again. The one motto that we go by. I rushed out of the office with Sloan by my side and we saw lifeless bodies but they were not only from our side but from the other as well. They fought well and were just unprepared for the attack that was just about to occur.

"Move their bodies to the side." I commanded Sloan to do so while my mind was wrapped around the whereabouts of Nem and wondering if she was hurt. I was concerned about her. Fucking hell. I care about her too much and that took away the attention from the mafia. I'll need to learn to manage to balance both her and my work equally but tha would never go to plan with her by my side regardless.

I saw her with Leah, Calvin and Jared. All were injured but they all looked somewhat stitched up thanks to her. She shouldn't be here. I saw blood drop from her hands so I gripped her waist and looked at it while spinning her around to face me. The anger at the pit of my stomach began to boil like a hot dragon waiting to unleash its free flame on his prey.

"We need to get you stitched up Nem." I stated and took the needle and thread and stitched her up focusing on her hand so I didn't mess up. A scar on her perfect body joined by the rest on her body from the guy she wouldn't talk about to me but said the Black Hunter killed him.

"Done. I don't want you here. Go home."

"What? No! You don't get to walk away from me after that. I very much think tha- "

"Not like that. It's not safe here right now. Anything that happens to you will be on my hands as I let you be here. You'll get your answers as you deserve to but not here baby. Ok. Go home, Nem and stay safe."

She turned around and left just as I said to. My protection towards her was my shield and sword. It was there for my own good and everyone else's. I felt the same protection on how I have always wanted to keep m siblings and family.

I went back to my office and rounded up the living gang members and called the emergency. We had doctors left and right coming in to help stich and do the rest of the jobs while I was left to figure out who was the rat.

Me. Sloan. Felix. Angelo. The four men that are the closest with me and right now I had to look out who was mostly likely to be the rat. All of my men are close to me. Felix has a whole family so he wouldn't do anything rash to endanger them as he loves them more than anything possible. Sloan is someone I've known since I was a kid and has been my brother ever since. Angelo was a cop before all of this and if he hasn't gone to the cops yet then why would he go to the Milans.

Reina. I told her about the Milans and the shipments. Om my fucking God. She had me wrapped around her fingers as soon as she stepped foot in my life and she got me trust her. Fucking bitch. I needed proof before acting on one suspicion. Maybe it was confirmation because I didn't want to believe it but either way, I needed it. Steven had the lie detector test set up for the suppler. He was in the cell. Only one way to find out.