fifty five - josei

(I'm sorry to those who wanted to read the scene with Akashi getting caked in the face. I am not confident enough to be able to write his reaction accurately so we will be skipping to prelim matches! Also, as you can see in the description of the story, I'm now going to updaily! You're welcome~)

"Good morning Tetsuya," Sasaki greeted as he stepped out of his house. "My phone's been buzzing all morning so I finally shut it off a while ago so I could focus," He complained as they began walking together.

"Focus on what?" Kuroko questioned, causing his lover to shrug.

"Getting ready, mostly. I also did a bit of meditating since my friends had suggested it," Sasaki answered. "We have a very important game today, so it's best to get into the mindset early! Plus, we got new uniforms!"

"Yes, I agree," He nodded, smiling at how happy and excited Sasaki was. He wanted him to always look like that. "Hayate-kun, would you mind standing still for a moment?"

"Huh?" He paused, "Uh, sure," Sasaki did as told, and when Kuroko pointed his phone at him, he pose with a bright grin.

"Thank you," Kuroko said before the two started walking again. "Um, Hayate-kun, we were supposed to be there at *time* right?"

"Yeah, why?" Sasaki raised an eyebrow.

"It's five minutes till."

"NUTS!" Sasaki's eyes widened, and both of the boys started dashing to their destination.

"We better get going. Is everyone here?" Riko asked as the Seirin basketball team stood outside of the school gates.

"We're still missing Sasaki, and I think Kuroko too," Hyuuga said right as Sasaki appeared behind Kagami.

"Not anymore!" He slung an arm around the redhead.

"Huwa!" Kagami jumped, his eyes wide. "What the hell are you doing you crazy nutjob?!"

"Aww, don't be like that!"

"Get off me!"

"Then, just Kuroko," Hyuuga amended his statement.

"I'm here," Kuroko said, and everybody besides Sasaki gasped.

"You are?!"

"Yes, I've been here the whole time," He replied as all eyes went to him. Then he blew a sigh of relief, and Kagami called him on his bullshit.

"No, you're lying this time! You barely made it on time running here!" He pointed at him, causing the blue phantom to flinch. "Silence?"

"Let's go," Hyuuga called, not really caring. "We haven't forgotten anything, have we?"

"What are you talking about?" Riko sighed, "We're on our way now to go get it!" With that said, the Seirin Basketball Team headed out.

~*~

"Ready, guys?" Riko got everyone's attention, "I'm going to go over what we're doing at the Winter Cup again. Eight schools are participating in the preliminaries. Two of these schools will win the right to participate in the Winter Cup. After today's games, they'll be narrowed down to four schools. Those four will play a league series, and the top two schools will go to the Winter Cup. However, this time the participating teams are the eight schools from the inter-high preliminaries. In other words, they're powerful teams who had successful summers. Our opponent is the sixth place team, Josei high school! Let's win!"

"Yeah!"

"I'm super excited to get to play in an official match with you, Kiyoshi-senpai!" Sasaki spoke as the team exited the locker room.