Chapter 30. Where Friendship Goes.

~Friendship~A state of mutual trust and support between allies

~Friendship~
A state of mutual trust and support between allies.

~No one's P.O.V~

In a room of the castle of Camelot, a girl sat on a small chair by a large bed. Violet eyes stared at the figure lying in front of her, her fingertips lightly grazing over the back of the girl's hand and up to right above her wrist before going down again, repeating the action in a caring manner.

She sniffled. A silent tear escaping her eye. It slowly slid down her cheek and dropped from her chin, landing on the unconscious figure's cheek.

With a very low groan, (e/c) eyes opened slowly to meet Diane's violet ones. The shrunken Giant stifled a gasp at the awakened girl but didn't waste any time lunging forward out of her chair and down to crush the girl in a hug, "You're back! You're really back!" Y/n giggled lightly at Diane, who had her in a bone-crushing hug, "I didn't know what I'd do if you didn't wake up!"

"There's no need to cry," Y/n reassured the girl, tightening her arms lightly around her. But she frowned. Her arm felt weird. She lifted it off of Diane's back and her eyes went wide at the realization.

They had removed it. Her bandage that had covered her right arm had been removed, revealing the markings that trailed up along her arm, "Curiosity killed the cat, y'know?" Y/n spoke up, making sure to keep her tone light, "Who removed my bandage?"

Diane hummed in delight as she muzzled into the crook of Y/n's neck, "Meliodas did. For medical measures, of course!" Diane quickly excused once she realized that she had ratted him out. Y/n hummed and pulled away from the hug.

Diane pursed her lips a tiny bit, tilting her head a little to her side as she asked, "What is it?" Along with the question, Diane slowly reached out to touch her right arm. Y/n clicked her tongue and swiftly grabbed her hand in hers. She ignored both the question and the attempt from then, and looked out of the window by the bedside, "Where are we? And where is everybody else?"

"There's... No need to worry." Diane replied, taking a moment to compose herself, "We're in King Arthur's castle in Camelot." She explained.

"Huh?" Y/n frowned a bit. Really? She hadn't been gone that long how did she recognize it? She shook her head, "I never really needed a spare room." She noted in a murmur, causing Diane to lift an eyebrow in question.

"And the others?"

"Oh, right! The others are..."

~No one's P.O.V~

"I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help." A healer of Camelot - and one of the bests at that - Excused herself as she left the room, unable to help with Merlin's condition.