Chapter 62: Devil in Human Skin

~~~

Kabuto stood at the middle of the bridge, awaiting for Sasori's presence. Orochimaru was just hiding right in the trees that were close to the entrance of the bridge.

To be more exact - Tenchi Bridge.

As he stood at the bridge, he suddenly noticed the bushes rustle, revealing Sasori outside of the puppet that he usually resides in.

Kabuto put up a smile; one that was both creepy and sinister.

"Hello, Sasori-sama. It seems you are out of your shell." Sasori grunted, displeased with those words that was spat out from Kabuto's mouth.

"It got destroyed by someone and I didn't have enough materials to fix it." Kabuto nodded, keeping this in the back of his mind.

"I have questions for you," stated Sasori, his voice smooth and silky. Naruto was unable to hear due to wind that was rapidly increasing.

"I barely managed to get out of the base without Orochimaru knowing." Sasori stayed silent, hearing Kabuto's words through the intense amounts of wind blowing around them.

"What is Orochimaru up to as of now?" Sasori asked, wanting for information for his future survival. Kabuto looked at him as his hair swayed throughout the air.

"Orochimaru has been quite secretive as of late, but it seems as though he is quickly reaching the ends of his current body." Sasori paid close attention to these words.

"Who will be his new body?" Sasori followed up with this question.

"Uchiha Satsuki," Kabuto simply said, making Sasori widen his eyes in surprise. It was unexpected and he didn't have this knowledge prior to this meeting of theirs.

"Orochimaru has been nurturing and developing Satsuki so the transition to her body will be go on smoothly. If things go smoothly, he won't have to transition to another body for a long time." That would truly be a very worrying though at hand.

"That would be a very problematic in the future if it truly happens." Sasori was deep in thought as he began thinking of how difficult it would be to face someone like Orochimaru with a Sharingan in their possession.

"It truly would be problematic," said a sinister tone. Sasori broke out of his thoughts as he looked up from the ground.

"Greetings, Sasori," Orochimaru said, a twisted smile appearing on his face as he looked at Sasori. Moving Quickly, Kabuto dashed towards Sasori, preparing for a strike.

Suddenly, Kabuto felt and strike of pain bursting from his back. Sasori smirked, now being on an even playing field.

"I was prepared for this betrayal," smirked Sasori as Naruto had a foot on the back of the fallen Kabuto. Glancing at Orochimaru, Naruto maintained his calm demeanor.

"It's been quite some time, Naruto-san. It must be fate." Naruto stayed silent, opting to observe the current situation.

"Fate is just a lie made from people with weak capabilities," responded Naruto, looking straight towards Orochimaru's eyes. Naruto looked down to see the struggling Kabuto underneath his foot.