1

Winter were Victoria's least favorite season. She would always feel cold no matter what, and could never hang out with her few friends either, and honestly she couldn't understand why people liked it.

And that moment was a good example.

The girl groaned as she looked at the darkness from the window, even if it was around 7 p.m. She decided to go drink some hot tea, since it was turning colder and, as if wasn't enough, it was the worst day of the week for her: Monday.

She entered the kitchen and was about to pour some of the drink in her cup, when her mom appeared.

"Victoria, I need you to go buy some bread for dinner"

"Right now? It's too dark outside!" She scoffed.

"Do you think I care? It's barely a few blocks from here, just grab a jacket and you'll be fine. Hurry, dinner's almost ready"

And with that, Victoria returned to her bedroom with a frown on her face and went to change her clothes.

She and her mom weren't exactly on good terms. They would often yell at each other, mostly because of Elizabeth's (her mother) fault. They just couldn't stand each other.

As they lived alone, it was even worse.

However, the girl petted her cat's head one more time before grumpily leaving her house.

As soon as she was outside, a cold breeze made her think that maybe she wasn't dressed warm enough, but it was gonna be quick and soon she'd be laying on her bed under the covers. Or at least, that was what she tought.

Every step she made, Victoria regretted not standing up for herself and tell her mother no. She was crazy to let her daughter go outside in that weather, all alone even. But she just quickened her pace and tried no to think about it since she was alredy heading to the store.

However, in the middle of the way she heard voices. Men's voices, to be exact.

The girl didn't really pay attention to it since she had had a long day already, she just wished they couldn't see her.

As she got closer to the noise, Victoria realized they were in a dark alley, and instantly regretted not going back, because there were at least three of them, and instantly glared at her.

"Hey there, sweetie", one of them said "what is a girl like you doing here now?" The other guys just chuckled.

Victoria didn't pay attention and started walking faster. She was really nervous right now, and it was too dark to see anyone on the street at that time.

"Hey bitch, I'm talking to you" the man approached her and grabbed the girl by her wrist, to which she started to scream, but he put a hand on her mouth.

"Let go of me!" She cried.

He pulled her to the alley and the three men started laughing.

"Oh, look at her" another one said.

"Stop, let me go!" Victoria yelled when she managed to.

The first guy glared at her and she flinched, totally scared.

"I told you to shut up, bitch!" A big hand slapped her across the face, making her instantly fall to the floor, startled.

One of the guys lighted a cigarette and started smoking. Victoria was genuinely scared, she didn't know how things ended up like that. She couldn't help but whimper at the men's glares and chuckles, not really understanding why they were doing that.

"Now we're going to have fun. Right, sweet-"

Suddenly, a tall man came into their view.

He was wearing a black outfit. A jacket, denim jeans and a pair of what seemed like expensive boots. Also, he was wearing a gold watch and a necklace. Some of his tattoos were also seen on his hands and neck. Behind him, there were a few more people with real stern faces.

Victoria thought that he was those guy's friend or something, so she was really panicked by now.

"Please, please let me go. Please, sir"

The new man furrowed his eyebrows. Of course he knew those men, but it was far from being a friendship. In fact, he was about to kill them.

"Jackson, what the fuck did I tell you last time?" The named gulped and left the girl alone.

Jackson seemed really startled. Probably as much as Victoria was right now, who was still on the floor, trembling from both fear and cold.

Next time, she was gonna tell her mom to go out herself.

"Guys!" The man suddenly yelled, and three muscular men approached him as he continued. "Get rid of them. I'm tired of giving these assholes more chances"

The men instantly started pleading to him, calling the man "Mr Ross".

Ross stayed there, with no expression on his face other than bother, as he saw his men beating up the others. That's when he took notice of the small girl on the floor.

28/10/23:

Hey guys! I'm writing a small note here to make a disclaimer. This is a DDLG story, and please do not read if you're not comfortable.

I'm saying this because I've been reading some comments asking for the main character's age, since she naturally acts childish. Victoria is 18 years old.

I hope you really enjoy the story! But please have this in mind ❤️