Chapter 2: Royal Business (part 1)

Mark was getting stressed

Mark was getting stressed. He was getting very stressed.

The council consisting of Mark's friends, fellow rulers of Orenda, were surrounding him, all seated around the great meeting table of Orenda. They had barely gotten through half the realms, and he already wanted this to be over.

"Shuyu, show him." Yangyang exclaimed, nudging his wife. "Show Mark what we saw."

"Yangyang, I don't think that's-"

Before Jisun could finish, Shuyu's hands were already raised. The empress took a deep breath before blowing a cloud of smoke above her hands, which soon formed into a terrifying beast before flying through the room.

"I'm sorry Mark, but Aria needs your help

"I'm sorry Mark, but Aria needs your help." Shuyu said quietly as the smoke dragon-like creature flew above their heads before disappearing. "We took in the people of Eis, but now we're under attack too. With our increased numbers, the people are more susceptible to the beasts than we were before."

"Mark can't help all of us." Jiwoo said, butting in. "Aria isn't the only realm that needs help. We all do. Get in line, Luminosa was the one that came here first."

"I think the fact that our people are in Aria right now puts Aria at a priority." Jingwen interjected. "Luminosa may have been the most important realm in the past, but things have changed now. All realms are equal, and we need to put the realm that is in the most danger first."

"I agree." Winwin said, nodding his head with an arm around his wife. "Aria isn't equipped like Luminosa is. They're still continuing to restore itself after the war and the fact that their holding the people of two realms makes it even more important."

"Please, you just said that all realms are equal and now you're saying that Aria is more important." Doyoung pointed out, eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey." Jisun said, trying to calm everyone down but her voice was too soft and the others spoke over her.

"Where's Haechan?" Jeno asked, looking around. "He was here a moment ago."

"I think his child was crying." Eunhye said, arms crossed as she leaned back in her chair. "He's with Jaemin, hoping that the two children can bond."