Chapter 5: Swords

I didn't have time to worry about Tanjiro anymore as I continued to get attack, even if there was another person around the demons would always come after me. It got even worse when the next night it began to rain but I wasn't about to let that stop me, I had to survive and I had to find a way to get Nezuko back to being a human. Every demon that tried to attack me always called me a Marechi and in turn I tried to get them to reveal what a Marechi was or if they knew how to turn a demon back into a human. Of course I never got an answer since they were too busy trying to devour me and because of the sheer number that were targeting me I had to use the day times to not only rest but also to wrap up any injuries I had sustained. Luckily I had brought quite a few bandages with me but unluckily the haori that Urokodaki had given me was getting covered in blood and dirt. The injuries weren't the only think that was taking a toll on me either, watching the aura's of demons and humans alike disappear in the forest of trees was starting to haunt my dreams making me barely able to sleep more then two hours before jolting awake. 

Soon enough though the seventh day arrived and once more like the second day it was raining but I didn't care as I headed up the hill where I saw the beautiful Wisteria trees again and an even more beautiful sight underneath it.

"Tanjiro" I called out trying to rush forward only to trip over and hit the ground.

"Hikaru" Tanjiro called back and raced towards me pulling me into an embrace that I returned just as fiercely. It hurt with how hard he was hugging me to him from the injuries I had gotten but I didn't care as I just held him tight.

"Let's go" I smiled behind my mask and he nodded before we helped each other walk up the stairs as the sun rose. My stomach dropped when we got to the top and I realised that other than me and Tanjiro there were only three other survivors. It was the girl with the butterfly clip, the blonde haired boy with the frightened aura and the scowling guy with the scar on his face.

"It's all because I blacked out at that moment" Tanjiro whispered to himself, his aura clouded in sadness, horror and guilt.

"Tanjiro? You okay?" I asked and he turned to me but didn't say anything, at least he wasn't trying to lie to me at least.

"I'm gonna die, I'm a goner. Even if I survive now I'm gonna die in the end anyway" said the blonde boy making me take a step away from him. The fear radiating off him was strong enough for me not to be able to see any other emotions from him, then again I don't think he was feeling any other emotions.

"Welcome back" The two children from the start of the Final Selection said together.

"Congratulations" The white haired one said, I wish I had names to call them by.

"We're pleased to see that you're safe" said the black haired one.

"So! What am I supposed to do now?" The mean guy asked.

"Where's my sword?" He demanded making me frown at the anger and hostility he was showing.

"First, we shall issue you all uniforms, we will take your measurements after which your rank will be engraved" The white haired girl said.

"There are ten ranks in all" The black haired boy stared.

"Kinoe" The white haired one said.

"Kinoto" The black haired one followed.

"Hinoe"

"Hinoto"

"Tsuchinoe"

"Tsuchinoto"

"Kanoe"

"Kanoto"

"Mizunoe"

"And Mizunoto" The black haired one finished.