Chapter 21 - Untold Words

Next day....

There was a commotion on the open Courtyard situated on the center area of the temple. Few people gathered wearing orange dress code clearly showing they are the disciples of temple currently learning.

"The exam will be day after tomorrow, I am nervous now" one of them said. Most of disciples are made. Only few are female. They gathered in one place but stood seperately.

"This time his royal majesty and her highness the empress are invited to join the event. Senior Aiyara is in charge of  this event" another one joined.

"Reciting the books are kind of difficult. I have tried several times to remember all the contents of it but those names are too hard to keep in mind"

"What are you saying? If it's that difficult then how come out senior did it. They also learnt everything the book could give"

"That's why their rank are above us. Are you dumb?" Another one rolled his eyes "Master has already given hint that if we can't pass this exam trial then we don't need to live here anymore"

"I don't want to leave. I have worked hard to get the pass of entrance a year ago. No matter what, I won't go back home with nothing. Besides I have asked senior Aiyara, she said she will give some points so that it will be easier to remember all the contents" another boy who looked weak with thin body said.

Hearing him the other looked at him "are you saying truth. Senior will give points?"

The boy nodded "I have personally asked about it"

"Good" another boy patted his shoulder "you are smart. If senior gives some points it will be better"

On the other side in girls team, a fair looking girl smiled brightly "his majesty will join the even, I am so exited"

"You are giving more importance to the emperor than to your exam" the girl beside her said.

"What do you know?" The fair girl glared "who has chances like this to be able to see his majesty often. My sister is in love with him and dream about him everyday. She even said if she can be his concubine, she will be satisfied to death"

"Concubine?" The girl beside her roles her eyes "your sister is day dreaming. Have you seen the empress? She is so beautiful like an angel. You think his majesty will have time to look at your sister leaving the heavenly woman beside him?"

Hearing this the fair girl's face sank "I know that. You don't have to point out. But still I am exited that his majesty is joining" she almost jumped. The girl beside her roles her eyes and mumbled "idiot" under her breath.

Just then a girl walked towards the courtyard and stood on the stair looking at the disciples. All the other people stopped their discussion and give their attention towards her.

"Since you know this year's exam trial will be little different I am here to give some points which I believe will help you in the event. His majesty and her highness will be joining the exam event so try your best not to lose face of this temple before them. The price of this year's winner is that he or she will get the seat to become imperial physician in the royal palace"

Hearing those words all the disciples are exited. The price is high and it is a golden chance. Not everyone is able to get the seat of imperial physician.

"Senior Aiyara, we will try our best in the event and will not lose face of our seniors and master" one of the disciple yelled loudly and other joined.

Aiyara looked at them with satisfied smile "good, that's what I am expecting from you all.now it's time to give points" she said waved her hand. Instantly a junior follower come out holding papers in his hand. He distributed the papers to all the disciples.

"The important points are written on the papper. I hope you all will remember it and perform well in the even. You have all time so go back and prepare for the event"

All the disciples bowed before returning to their rooms. Soon the the open courtyard fell in silence. Aiyara turned around and found Manik was standing littler far from her quietly watching. Hesitatingly she walked forward and bowed.

"This disciple greets your majesty"

Manik looked at her feature then sighed "Disciple Aiyara, have we met before?"

Aiyara was startled and she looked up "I don't know what your majesty is talking about. How can I, a lowly disciple will have the chance to meet your majesty?"

Manik stayed silent for a moment then nodded "then it's my fault to think of that way. You can go back to your work"

"Yes" she bowed again then moved away from him. She walked passed him and walked forward but after few steps she stopped and looked back at Manik's back for a few moments before walking away silently. Manik turned around and watched her leaving. He frowned as he kept watching her disappearing figure.

On the another side of the temple, Nandini placed the shawl on bed and smiled "I hope mother had a good sleep last night"

Chityakanta nodded sipping on her tea "the night was warm. The incense you sent worked really well. I am glad for it that the coldness did not effected much inside the room"

"Mother can be rest assured, as long as you burn the incense the coldness won't effect you. I have prepared for mother's praying place. If want to go I will accompany you" Nandini said smiling.

Chityakanta was glad that Nandini took care of everything before she ask. With a satisfying smile she nodded "then we shall proceed"

"Yes, mother I will show you the way" Nandini helped Chityakanta and lead her out of the room. She placed the shawl on Chityakanta's body to keep her warm. Atropa followed them quietly. Ageratina was not there as she was busy doing other things that Nandni asked her.

"This temple is beautiful even though it's quite old enough" Chityakanta commented looking around the place.

"The history behind this temple is still a mystery. Many scholars tried to dig out the actual truth but couldn't accomplish it till now" Nandini informed. They walked through the small path way looks like corridor. The wooden floor reflect the sounds of their foot steps whole passing. There was small glasses outside and some trees. And the cold wind was blowing.

"It's already quite late, why the sun is not up yet?" Chityakanta frowned.

"Mother the top mountain covered with fogs. The sun will show up at noon"

"That late?"

Nandini nodded helplessly. Chityakanta shook her head and they walked forward. Soon they reached in the open hall where the statue of lord Budha resides in the center. The statue was quite big and the gold colour shining brightly. Ageratina walked forward and bowed.

"My lady, the incense are prepared"

Nandini nodded "mother let's  burn the incense first then we can start praying"

There's was a different types of incense kept in raw in table. Nandini picked some and handed it to Chityakanta then she picked some for herself  and they burnt the incense and started to pray in silence. The whole room was quiet only their breathing can be heard. For a moment Nandini opened her eyes and turned towards the door. There was a figure standing quietly watching them.

Her eyes meet with the person and they stared at eachother for sometimes before the figure turned and left the place. Nandini's eyes gazed on the empty place before turning her head and closed her eyes before started to pray again.