15

The group of boys were all circled around the table at the start of a beer pong game. hyerin and sora watched from one side while dahye stood in between mark and jaehyun.

at this point, renjun was in the lead and with every one, jaehyun convinced dahye to take the shots for him. "renjun is kicking your ass." dahye began to slur her words, the alcohol getting to her.

"maybe you should stop letting her to take the shots for you." mark sighed watching her carefully.

"i'm fineeee, but this game is boring, i'm leaving" she grumbled grabbing sora and wanting to dance, completely ignoring jaehyun and renjun's eyes on her.

she was standing on a table and then paused. "actually.." a mischievous smile formed on her lips. "where's donghyuck?"

"nope, now it's time to leave." sora reached out for dahye trying to help her down but the girl shook her head crossing her arms. sora looked over at renjun asking for help.

"hye, come on" renjun spoke softly reaching his arms out. It was the same soft voice she heard the very first time he spoke to her. She hiccuped feeling her cheeks heat up at the thought which renjun chuckled at how cute it was while helping her down.

sora sighed noticing the stare the two got from hyerin and jaehyun. "this is a mess" she mumbled towards mark.

"tell me about it." he sighed.

~~

It was now monday, three days since the game and the end to their weekend.

The cheer practice the girls had went as normal, except it seemed that hyerin was listening to everyone except for dahye. she wasn't putting in the same amount of effort when dahye went over their cheers like she did when their captain did and she knew it was because of renjun.

"have you talked to hyerin since the party?" dahye looked over at renjun who was working on a new project they had been assigned.

"not really" he glanced at her before returning to the paper.

It's definitely because of renjun. dahye sighed in thought.

She just couldn't understand why hyerin had to take it out on her when it has nothing to do with her. She really hoped it wouldn't interfere with their performances, especially with the basketball team having their first official home game soon.

wait. first home game. basketball team. renjun. the entire school finally getting to see him play. dahye groaned, this time out loud at the thought of renjun getting attention from more girls. i'll never get a chance. wait what. what am i saying? thinking? whatever ugh.

"what's wrong?" renjun stopped to look at her.

"n-nothing, just worried about your game this week." she picked up her pencil to continue where he left off.

"hmm, is it the game or the part where you get to cheer for me?" he questioned.

"shut up" she mumbled keeping her eyes on the paper hoping he didn't notice her leg tapping out of nervousness as she felt those butterflies in her stomach again.

renjun smiled at her reaction and pulled his chair closer to point out a few things he was thinking about adding to their piece.

i'm going to actually vomit. can these butterflies relax. dahye held onto the pencil tighter thinking of their closeness.