Chapter Twenty-one

"Would you stop that?"

"What?"

"That." I signaled with my pointer finger at his twitching lips.

"I'm not doing anything... sheesh."

Rolling my eyes, I turned away since a slight smile started to play on my lips. My eyes travelled around the immense room we were at.

I have to say that eating a really good cheese hamburger with crunchy French fries in front of the central hall of the British Art Gallery was impressive.

I silently admired the beautifully fine strokes that composed the garments from the lady's painting I had my eyes on.

"It has its perks, doesn't it?" Scott's rough voice sounded beside me.

"Huh?" I tilted my head curiously watching him.

Scott's lips were still playing that annoying smugly smile on them. He had been pretty much gloating and teasing me since he picked me up half an hour ago. The fact that I had called him pretty much ten minutes after we hung up had increased his already boosted ego.

Awesome.

I should have waited at least an hour.

"I meant it has its perks dating a royal, isn't it?"

My stomach fluttered at the mention of the d word. In a bad way, of course...

"This is not a date." I quickly added.

"It's not?" Scott's smile faltered. His dark chocolate eyes narrowed.

I shook my head. Leaving the paper cup I was holding on my hands on the ground, I shyly mumbled, "I'm sorry if you thought this was a date, Scott..."

Scott shifted somewhat uncomfortably. "Are you telling me that the fact that I brought you to the gallery, closed may I add, and moved my influences to get you a really good hamburger from one of the best restaurant's in London, doesn't give me any credit to call this a date?" He grabbed one French fry and popped into his mouth casually. At least he seemed to, since to be honest, his  stare was really intense.

My cheeks flushed from embarrassment, "I-I..." I tried to say something, anything, but to be honest I didn't know what to say...I did know, however, that even though I really really liked being around Scott, I knew this was going too fast...and I wasn't ready for that.

"I'll just have to work harder to impress you, then..." His eyes sparkled amused and his lips tugged up in a crookedly sexy smile.

"O.K?" My brain really shut up at the most inconvenient times. I was pretty much speechless.

That sexy smile playing on his lips wasn't helping, either.

"Too soon?" He grabbed the cup I had placed on the floor and took a sip watching me.

That small gesture made my heart race faster and my stomach flutter.

What is it about him that makes me act like this?

Feeling my mouth dry, I ran the tip of my tongue on my bottom lip.

Scott's eyes darkened.

"You are not helping your case, Em..." He added in a husky voice.

"No?" My voice came out like a squeak.

He shook his head as he leaned closer to me.

"That," He ran a thumb on my lip "is really sexy."

I swallowed the small bump that had formed in my throat.

He was close.

Like really close.