5

[chapter 5]

He didn't stay.

Achilles Alessi was gone at the crack of dawn.

So Estrella Presley did what she knew best. She painted her lips bright red, her nails freshly painted Louboutin red and dark kohl swiped on her waterline.

Her sinister self was aching to be let out.

"Oh fuck, is it judgement day already?" Michael called out, waiting at the steps of the school.

"Oh babe, don't you know? Judgement day is for the good and the bad," Adrianna responded as she walked down the stairs, her heels clacking on the stone pavement.

With a seductive smirk on her face, she leaned into Michael's ear. "For us, there's a one way ticket to hell."

Michael laughed, pushing her back slightly before straightening up. He offered one arm to each girl, a smirk on his face.

Estrella rolled her eyes before she took his arm.

If they were the devils, the school was their Underworld.

Like a dramatic two thousand movie, the double doors of the school opened as they approached it. Students, on their morning commute, stopped to stare. Those who were standing on the sides turned to give their attention to them.

Estrella could feel the power coursing through her. Most girls wanted to be the quirky, cute and clumsy main character. Not Estrella.

She loved the limelight, she was her best self at those times. Her smile grew, her shoulders straightened and she walked more confidently.

The trio made their way down the hallway, not saying a word and not giving another reaction. Spotting Jack leaning quietly on one of the lockers, Estrella led the group to him.

"Kids," he greeted, his voice raspy and low. Estrella swore she heard girls around her swoon.

Adrianna rolled her eyes, patting Jack's shoulder. "Same age as you grandpa."

Before Estrella could hear Jack's retort, her attention shifted to a group of girls near them.

"Did you hear Adrianna was puking at the party? I mean I did see her eat an entire donut yesterday, like chill out. Eat less," a shrill voice rang out, clearly attempting to whisper but failing to do so.

Instantly Estrella's head whipped to the said girl who remained oblivious to the new attention. Estrella could feel Adrianna straighten up, become quieter as she overheard the comment.

Quickly the group fell silent, their eyes shifted to the still oblivious group of girls.

Adrianna rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Let's go," she bumped into Estrella's shoulder, briskly walking away.

Jack and Michael turned their attention to Estrella, eyes wide in shock. She turned to follow her best friend, the boys quickly catching up.

It was clear that Adrianna wanted to leave the hallway, run away from the girls.

But Estrella had other plans.

She snatched Jack's tumbler, already knowing the contents inside it. Just as they passed by, Estrella paused to dump the tumbler over the girl's head.

"What the fuck," the bitch shrieked, as a red liquid soaked into her all white outfit. She turned around but paused, now knowing who had given her a shower of wine.