chapter 6: Ignore

NAYEON POV

NAYEON POV

We're finally at my office and Y/N dropped me at my couch. "Please stay here, i'll go get some ice pack." Y/N said to me on a sweet tone. It really makes me soft and now Y/N is taking care of me, I think i'm starting to like Y/n more. No, I can't fall for my assistant. I need to be distant, this is wrong.

YOUR POV

I went to the kitchen and looked for ice in the freezer. I don't know why she suddenly became quiet towards me after she sprained her ankle. I grabbed the ice pack and went to her sitting on the couch. I get some pillow and put it behind her  so she'll be more comfortable. I started to kneel down and gently applied the ice pack but she suddenly stole the ice pack from my hand and heal her ankle on her own.

"You can leave now, I can take care of myself."

"I'm your assistant and this is also my job." I get the ice pack from her hand without being rude because I want to help her.

She tried to steal the ice pack again from my hand but I put it away so she can't reach it.

"Please, Ms. Im." I softly said to her looking at her brown eyes. She stopped trying to steal the ice pack and we had a staring contest for like 12 seconds.

She kept ignoring me and tried to walk away and she's limping just to get away from this. I sighed from her stubbornness. I was about to carry her back to the couch but suddenly Momo entered the door.

"It's fine Y/N, I'll take over this you can go home now." Momo said to me while supporting Ms. Im to the couch. I sighed in defeat and was about to leave but Momo grabbed my wrist.

"I thought you're off duty today?" I asked Momo.

"I'm sorry Y/n. i'll explain it to you later."

I nod in response and looked at Ms. Im again before I go home. She's completely ignoring me, I really don't know but she looks angry. I think she hates me now after what all I did when she bent her ankle. Of course I bid goodbye to my boss but obviously, she's acting like i'm not existing. So I just went home.

________

"Oh, Y/n! How's the day and why do you look like defeated?" Mom and Jungkook asked me after I stepped inside our house.

"Nothing, just tired haha." I laughed a bit so I'm not so obvious because when they worry about me, they're going to kill who made me feel this way. I know, that's why I love them so much.

"Are you sure? Me and your brother cooked these for you! We know you're tired." Mom came closer to me and patted my back and pointed the foods at the table.

" Mom came closer to me and patted my back and pointed the foods at the table

"Wow! That's looks so great. Thanks for theseee~" I acted cute and thanked them for the effort to cheer me up after work. Ofcourse it worked, the night was really happy and we ate the dinner.

After eating, I went to my room to freshen up and lied down after a long day. I was about to close my eyes when suddenly my phone vibrated. I was expecting it to be Ms. Im but ofcourse not..
It was Momo.

We talked about what happened and anything

We talked about what happened and anything. She told me advices and I wanted a help from her because I'm planning to ask Ms. Im for a lunch together with me and her only. I will let her rest first for the next days and wait for her ankle to heal atleast. I tried texting Ms. Im and tell her to rest for a while and I'll be cancelling first all her meetings but she just seen my messages.

_______
(Timeskip)

A week has passed and Ms. Im told Momo that she can now go back to work. Momo told me this and I want to ask her for lunch today. Hopefully she won't ignore me again.

Ms. Im attended 2 meetings in the morning today and I'm putting myself together to have the courage to invite her to lunch today. I knew the meeting has ended when I saw people left the meeting room. I went inside immediately when she texted me to come to her and saw Ms. Im sitting inside.

"M-Ms. Im?" I can't believe i'm stuttering right now. She looked at me waiting for me to continue.

"Can I take you for lunch today?" Finally, I gathered up my courage to ask her. She was kinda flustered but she remain being cold towards me.

NAYEON POV

Y/N's inviting me for a lunch together? To be honest, I was screaming inside and i can feel my cheeks getting hot but I managed to stay in character even though I can feel a bunch of butterflies on my stomach right now. I wanted to eat lunch with Y/N too but I-

"I'm not hungry and not eating lunch today." I made this as an excuse, I was really panicking so I couldn't think of any excuses right now. I saw Y/N's mood went down and the smile in his/her face was gone.

YOUR POV

She declined my invitation. It made me really sad but I still smiled. I'm really embarrassed, I shouldn't have ask her to go to lunch with me. "A-Ah sure, it's fine Ms. Im. I'll go ahead now." I bowed to her giving her a small smile but not looking at her. I left the room and went to for a walk to relax my mind.

I was walking when I passed by the cafeteria and heard someone calling me from afar.

"Y/N! Come eat with us!"

_______

To be continued...