16!

link: spoti.fi/3lLgehZ
MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY | ELVIS PRESLEY
FREAK | LANA DEL REY
I WANNA BE YOURS | ARCTIC MONKEYS
COME A LITTLE CLOSER | CAGE THE ELEPHANT

!! TW | MENTIONS OF S.A. !!

"London Boy . . . so nice of you to join us."

Her voice lacks enthusiasm and he expects nothing less, although as she stands before him with a glass of wine in one hand and the other resting along the doorknob, he can see Josephine's face in her own. He replies with a respectful "merry Christmas, ma'am" and small squint to his eyes, not really enjoying the snow falling with the winds blowing harshly against his skin, and as Josephine's grandmother opens the door wider for him to walk inside, he kicks the caked up snow off of his shoes and takes them off before walking further into the house.

The two familiar faces, drenched in youth with delicate skin and wide set smiles, were both located in the living room, playing with toys that he assumed they were gifted for the holiday, and unlike what he thought, she wasn't with the two children. Her father was sat on the couch, Johnny not too far away with her uncle as well, all three of them greeting him with waves and hello's, but that didn't matter to him. He looks around, seeing her no where in sight, and his need to find her wasn't just in his own head, but evident in his face.

"She's in the kitchen." Her grandmother says from behind him, "And next time, try to refrain from looking so helpless without her. It doesn't really suit you." With a pat to his shoulder and a whiff of dry, white wine, her grandmother walks past him and into the living room, leaving him to make his way into the kitchen. Her grandmother amuses him to an extent, but in some weird way, he had a feeling her dry and direct delivery was just some form of affection.

Even if he thought that she didn't know his real name.

Cliché Christmas music lulls in the background of the chattering, and as he makes his way into the kitchen, he spots her with ease, leaned against the kitchen counter as she talks with her aunt, although the conversation comes to a halt when his presence is added. The smile that had already resided on her lips grows with his help, because with her family staying with her for a couple of days, he hadn't seen her as much as he normally does, and clearly she had missed him. He also needed time to get her a gift, knowing she probably went above and beyond for his, simply because that's just the kind of person she was.

She's quick to greet him, wrapping her arms around his waist with her cheek pressed into his chest, and as he hugs her back with his hand running up and down her back. She looked pretty, she does every time he sees her, and he can't help but feel the need to make her know it, because he couldn't imagine her knowing anything else. From what he could tell, dinner was pretty much ready, which he was glad about, because he was running late before her grandmother opened the door for him.

The highly anticipated Christmas Dinner was apparently a tradition within the Smith family, much like Thanksgiving Dinner he was apart of this year, but because he attended that holiday, she was eager to invite him to this one as well—especially when hearing he wouldn't be going to see his own family. He knew last time he had dinner with Josephine's entire family could have gone a lot worse, it could have been far more awkward and uncomfortable than it was, and when he looks back on it, it wasn't too bad, so he agreed to come again.

As if he could say no to her if he wanted to.

Her aunt leaves the kitchen shortly after he enters, making the claim that she would inform everyone else that dinner was ready, but he had a feeling her departure was for another reason. But as soon as they were the only two in the kitchen, she grabs his face with both hands and pushes up on to her tippy toes, pressing her lips to his own as he tastes the familiar flavor of bubblegum coating her lips. He kisses her back, moving his hands down to her waist, and before he gets too carried away, he pulls his lips from hers, lazily smiling as she does the same.