Chapter 17

Y/N's POV:

A scream erupted from my throat. My eyes shot open, quickly looking around. I was still in the kingdom..
'Phew,'

On instinct, my hand shot up to my head almost as if trying to touch something that wasn't even there.
I winced slightly, suddenly feeling a slight sting of pain from my temples.
I lightly tapped my fingers where I felt the pain, feeling a cold substance.
I retreated my hand back to in front of my face, seeing a crimson red on the tip of my fingers.

I tiled my head to the side, confused, wondering how the wound even got there.

I narrowed my eyes, thinking about what I just woke up from.
'Even though it was just a silly nightmare..it seemed too real..'

I shook my head, but then regretting, as I felt more stinging pain and feeling the blood rush down my face.

As I sat up in my thoughts, still scared out of my mind from what I had experienced for what seemed to be the second time, the door busted open.

"Are you okay?" A low groggy voice spoke, loud enough for me to hear.

I turned my head to my door, looking to see the person that had spoke was George.

He was in some comfortable clothes for sleepwear, but his eyes looked tired, little bags under his eyes.

"I woke up from a terrified scream, and your room was the closest to mine. I came running over as quickly as I could. What happened Y/n..?" His eyes looked over me, looking to see if I was indeed alright.

He moved closer to me, sitting on the edge of my bed. His pupils filled up with real concern, and my heart warmed up for a split second.

"I- I just woke up from a horrible nightmare that's all.."

"Are you sure?" He spoke back to me, scooting closer to me.

I gave him a quick small smile but not before my face retorted into an ugly frown, remembering the small wound on my temple.

He saw my frown, confusion lathered on his face.
"You don't seem okay. There's blood on the side of your head. Are you sure that you didn't sleep walk or something?" He chuckled slightly, trying to lighten the mood.

"I didn't sleep walk George..I'm sure of it. Somehow I keep having these horrible dreams..or nightmares of some sort. They won't stop..this is the second one I've had. I have no idea how the blood got there."

"For the first time in a while, I'm actually scared of sleeping." I laughed to myself a little, knowing that it's crazy that a person would be scared of sleep, but, the nightmares that I've had, have been explicit and to real for my taste.

"I get it sort of. I'm the opposite." He said, lowering his voice slightly.

"How..? Do you get bad nightmares as well?" I asked out of curiosity, hoping that I'm not being a bother by asking him.

"Heh..I get flashes sometimes while I'm awake. I don't really know how to explain it. I've gone to multiple warlocks and witches to see what the problem was..but no one knows what it is.
I'm wondering if I'm just going crazy sometimes. The flashes that I get might as well be nightmares. They scare me just as much."

"That must be a real pain, dealing with that." I spoke back to him, not wanting to make him feel any worse by saying sorry.

"I got used to it after awhile. I don't even know how or why I get them. I just do. I usually sleep them off, while Sapnap and Dream have the usual meetings for the kingdom. Sleeping makes me feel more at peace. Not having to worry about anything. I'm in my chamber for most of the time."