2

Ross immediately approached her, at realized she was trembling. He frowned and tried to touch the girl, but she flinched.

"Who are you? What are you doing out here all by yourself?" He asked.

She didn't respond at first, so instead, Ross helped her to get up.

"I... I was going to the store, a-and... they t-tried to... uh..." Victoria started crying again, not only because of the situation and her embarrassment, but also because she remembered every problem she had with her mother, and how mad she was at her.

However, Ross understood the situation and took his jacket off to put it on the girl's shoulders. He would had find it funny, because it looked big on her, but he stayed serious.

"Go home, everything's okay now. If it makes you feel better, they won't be bothering you or anyone anymore"

Victoria widened her eyes a little, although not really getting the idea.

She observed the man's features for a moment. His brown eyes, fixated in hers, somehow gave her a protective feeling, and she started to slowly calm down, although still alerted and startled, of course.

He was tall, too much for her.

Victoria was 1,57cm tall, and Ross seemed to be, at least, 1,90cm. She didn't really feel too intimidated at that moment, because that man had saved her from those guys. She was relieved, if anything.

Suddenly, the girl realized that she was wearing his jacket and immediately took it off from her, which made Ross furrow his brows.

"Sorry, sir! You must be cold, here"

Victoria tried to put it around his shoulders like he had done, but he was too tall for her to do it.

Ross' face suddenly softened and let out a chuckle. And damn it was unusual of him, to which his men looked at each other from a few meters.

"I give it to you. Now, go home. I got rid of those assholes, but that doesn't mean it isn't still dark and cold"

He gave the jacket back to her, and started heading to his car along with his men. Victoria immediately reacted and quickly grabbed his wrist, to which he turned back, confused.

She didn't know why she dared to do that to such a tall, intimidating man who had such bad-guy looks, but she still did it.

The men instantly tried to approach her, too, but Ross stopped them raising his hand.

"Wha-what if I don't wanna go home?" She asked.

"What?" Ross said, totally lost.

"I... I don't wanna go home. My mom doesn't really care about me and I don't want to be here anymore" she muttered, embarrassed to suddenly say that to a complete stranger.

"I... I'm sorry, I shouldn't... I don't know why I said that. I'm sorry, sir"

Victoria let go of his wrist and he just looked at her.

There were a couple seconds of silence, before he sighed.

"Okay, you can come with me."

This time, she raised her head at his words, surprised to hear that. How could she go with a complete stranger?

She couldn't just go, even if there wasn't really someone who would care enough. She had friends, but not 'true ones'. Her family barely talked to her once in a while, except for her mother, who only knew to discuss with her.

Ross saw her expression, and continued before she could.

"I won't leave you here alone. If you hate your home so much, then you'll either go back and feel bad again, or stay here in the cold." In the middle of his statement, he had alredy turned back and headed to his car, knowing that she'd follow.

Victoria was desperate trying to think what to do, she didn't want him to go because he seemed nice, but she was also thinking of everything else.

"Okay! I'll go"

She almost ran to him as he was a few meters away, and they both entered the car.

It really seemed luxurious.

They were both on the passengers seat as she saw a fourth man who'd drive. The other men seemed to be on another car, to which Victoria was relieved.

...

"Thank you for saving me back then..." she started. They hadn't talked since they got in the car, about fifteen minutes.

He didn't answer. Instead, he crossed his arms on his chest.

"A-and thank you for the jacket... I didn't know it was this cold outside"

"..."

"Oh! And thank you for... where are we going?" She suddenly realized she had no idea.

Ross sighed, annoyed.

"You talk too much, did you know?" He softly said.

"Uh, sorry?"

"I don't know your name. And you talk too much. First of all, it's nothing. And we're going to my and my brother's house".

Victoria gasped a little, she didn't introduce herself back in the alley, and she mentally face-palmed.

"Ah, you're right, sir! I'm Victoria. What's your name?"

"So, Vicky. I'm Ross, as you've probably heard, so there's no need to call me 'sir' anymore".

"Oh, I love your name!" She suddenly beamed, and Ross smiled for second time that night. She found it cute.

After that, the road was silent for maybe ten more minutes, until the driver finally said:

"We've arrived, boss".