Chapter 51

Chapter 51

Lexi left not long after that.

The second she was gone, I collapsed on the ground.

Josh rushed to my side.

"Blake?"

"I need you to take me to the hospital," I said faintly.

I had wanted to play it cool, I had wanted to ignore what was happening, but if I was being a hundred percent honest, I was a little scared, and my head still felt all sorts of wrong.

I didn't like to freak Josh out, but I didn't think I had it in me to drive myself.

He spent the whole night with me, as I passed tests and scans.

They kept me for observation for the night.

I called my parents to tell them what had happened, but that everything seemed as fine as it could be in this situation.

I was released the next morning, and Josh drove me back home.

My parents were waiting for me, standing on the porch.

Kind of ridiculous that they'd been stressed over me getting an injury playing football, and something happened at Josh's place while painting.

They looked very worried.

The tests hadn't shown anything more dangerous than I already had, so I tried to reassure them, "Come on you guys, I'm fine, it was an accident. It was no big deal."

"You need to be careful Blake. Can you stop acting like you have nothing to worry about?" my father said, eyes tired from probably very little sleep.

And the award for bad son of the year goes to me... again.

Mom grabbed his arm, looking at him with reprimanding eyes, "Christopher."

"I'm not losing my son because he thinks he can act like everything is normal."

"How about we talk about this another time? Let Blake go to sleep. He didn't get much last night," Josh said coming between me and my parents.

I didn't have it in me to argue with them.

I felt like crying actually.

I felt like crying often. It would be nice if that could stop.

I headed to my room, not saying anything else.

I was mad at my parents, and mad at me and mad at the universe. I was mad that I had to worry about my head and my potential death and about my parents and...

I just wanted to be a normal teenager sometimes. I didn't want to have all these dark feelings and all these problems.

I was just so goddamn tired of it all.

Once I was in my room, I took a shower and then some pills the doctor had given me and headed to bed.

I actually slept the whole day. I had weird dreams I couldn't quite remember once I woke up.

I still didn't feel rested though.

I grabbed something to eat, trying not to make too much sound so my parents wouldn't come to ambush me.

I didn't have the energy to deal with the worries.

Bad son, table for one, once again.

I ate. My head felt better. Not normal, but like I could actually handle it.