Chapter 4

It's the day of Akshara and Yash's engagement, Unnati was trying to console Akshara "Don't cry Akshu..I'll find out a way... please don't cry.. you know right I can't see you in tears", Akshara looks at her "What can be done now Unni.. the wedding's tomorrow... Not even 12 hours are left for the wedding.. I don't know how I'm going to live with this man". Unnati hugs her, her own eyes were threatening to flow seeing her friend in pain, she was disappointed in herself that she couldn't do anything for her "Shh Akshu we still have 12 hours.. I'll talk to the groom... he will be here today na... I'll talk to him...I have heard that the Chakravarthy's are not so bad..they are understanding.. you don't cry... You will marry only Shiva and it's a promise". Akshara feels a ray of hope with Unnati's words, though Unnati didn't know what to do but she wanted to somehow console her, she was not sure how she is going to do what she promised but this time she was determined.

Unnati goes out of Akshara's room telling her to get ready. She had already gotten ready in a Pastel red coloured anarkali suit with light work of golden colour, her shoulder length hair left to flow freely, her small golden studs stuck to her ears and her rabbit like eyes highlighted with kohl and eye liner. She was walking ahead thinking about how to talk with the groom when she bumps into someone, she was about to turn to that person but she hears Akshara's mother call her and leaves from there without seeing the person muttering a 'sorry'.

Yash was talking on the phone about one of his patient back at Mumbai, he was also walking ahead without looking when he bumps into a girl, the minute he bumps into her he only remembers Unnati and a smile spreads on his face, he was about to say sorry to the girl but she leaves quickly muttering a 'Sorry' before he could see her. He shakes his head and continues his call, he was already ready in a golden colour sherwani, his hair gelled backwards and his beard shaven, left only with a light stubble. He completes his call and was soon called on stage for exchanging rings, this was the first time he is going to see the girl in person, he had seen her photo when he was back at home as his parents made sure that he saw her photo.

Soon Akshara was also brought on stage, she was wearing a lavender coloured lehenga, her hair was tied up in a bun and she had light make up. She looked beautiful yet there was something missing on her face, her smile was missing and it was very evident to Yash, there was no happiness in her eyes infact her eyes looked dull and red like she had cried. That's when he realised that he never even spoke to her or got to know her consent to this marriage, but now he was determined that he would speak to her, seeing her dull somehow made him think if she was really interested in this marriage or if she was being forced into it.

Once the ring ceremony was done the guests came to congratulate them, once all the formalities were done they both got down from the stage. Unnati steps into the hall only after the ring ceremony was completed, she didn't see the groom, Akshara's mom had sent her out for some work and while coming back she had bumped into Shiva, she had to console him and send him home safely because of which she had gotten late. She was running to Akshara when she again bumps into someone, this time she turns and looks at the person rubbing her head, she mumbles "Is this a wall or...", She trails off as she gets shocked seeing the person.

She looks at him still shocked "You!?", He also looks at her shocked. It was Yash she had bumped into, he was completely shocked seeing her here. She keeps looking at him in shock when Yash clears his throat "What are you doing here", she looks at him "I could ask you the same.. are you following me". He looks at her confused as to why she is asking him that question, "You are asking me... Why I'm here...are you mad.. and why would I follow you", she glares at him "No I'm not mad...shut up okay...tell me what are you doing in my best friend's engagement", he was about to say something when she interrupts him "Wait are you the groom's friend by any chance... I heard he is a doctor in Mumbai and you are also a doctor from Mumbai right.. then you must be knowing him..come with me", saying this she drags him along to a secluded corner without even listening to him.

She stops once she reaches a secluded place and turns to him, he glares at her "Are you crazy.. you seriously dragged me from there in front of those people", she looks at him "I don't care.. people can think whatever they want", he keeps glaring at her "Today if they see me with you they will think wrong about me.. so I'm going". He turns to leave, she holds his hand to stop him, he jerks her hand off and tries to go from there. She pushes him against the wall and cages his huge body with her petite figure, "What the...", They both keep glaring at each other "Shut up okay.. I'm not dying to be with you here either.. don't think too much about yourself.. you are the groom's friend na.. I need your help that's why I'm talking to you else I don't care you can go wherever you want.. to whoever you want".

She calms herself down, come on you can do this for Akshu.. but he is so full of Attitude.. remember Akshu..yes I have to do this for her..tolerate this man for her. Her expressions soften as thinks of Akshara and then she looks at him "Look I just need to say something to the groom... I did not see him because I was sent out for some work... Please just tell this to him.. it's also concerned with his life too... You can fight how much ever you want with me but please don't ignore this". He nods looking at her, he was curious to know what is it, she looks at him "Akshara loves someone else.. his name is Shiva.. her parents are forcing her to get married to your friend just because Shiva isn't a businessman like them.. he is just a mere employee in an IT firm.. but he really loves her...if this wedding happens three lives will spoil.. please stop this wedding.. if your friend wants to talk to me or Akshu I can get that also.. (her eyes brim with tears) Akshu is my only family..I can't see her broken like this... please do something...please make your friend understand"

A drop of tear falls from her rabbit like eyes, he looks into her eyes, his hand itches to wipe the tear off, she looks up at him wiping the tear, she also keeps looking into his eyes "I'll talk about this don't worry..". She keeps looking into eyes again making him feel jittery again, he averts his gaze from hers "But why didn't she tell this before", her anger rises and she again glares at him "Did your friend even try to talk to her.. did he even try to meet her.. no right... I don't understand how could he get ready to get married without even talking once to the girl..", he also glares at her "Not everyone gets ready to marry with their own interest.. some might do it even for their family..", she keeps glaring at him "Even then can't he even try to talk to her... How can he get ready to marry a person without talking to her even once.. will he get ready to marry anyone without even knowing anything about her".

He holds her by her shoulder and turns her around caging her to the wall "I told right he isn't ready to get married.. and is doing this just for the family... Yes he can do anything for the family.. so just shut up". Her fierce eyes were shooting daggers at him "You know what I don't want to waste my time talking to you.. just go talk to your friend..", she tries pushing him off. His eyes blaze looking at her, she keeps trying to push him off "Let me go", he keeps looking at her, that's when he takes in her complete appearance, his eyes wander from her olive black eyes to her little nose which was turning red with her flaring anger, then to her baby pink lips. She gulps as she feels his gaze on her lips, his eyes drop from her lips to her swan like neck as she gulps her saliva.

What the fuck!! What are you doing Yash!!.. she isn't your fiance.. she isn't anything to you... Since when did you start checking out girls.. since when did you start to getting interested in women.. and seriously her!!.. you've just met her just three times and all three times you ended up arguing with her.. she drives you insane with her arguments... She is dangerous... She brings out all sorts of reactions and emotions in you which you have never thought you had.. let her go. He backs off and let's her go, she rushes off from there giving him one last look, he takes a deep breath and clears her thoughts from his head and leaves from there to talk to his parents about Akshara.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini