26: Supine

"What pride to discover that nothing belongs to you - what a revelation

"What pride to discover that nothing belongs to you - what a revelation."- Emil Ciorian

Supine (adj.)- Lying face upwards

)- Lying face upwards

Adrianna's POV:

My breaths faltered as I stared at him, my eyes widened. A bead of cold sweat ran down my temple, making me shiver. The sound of the silence was deafening in my ears, I could smell my own fear.

I licked my lips, "I-I am sure- there's a misunde-"

"Adrianna," Archer's voice was harsh as he glared at me, "You are smarter than that. If you do not cooperate, I am going to report you to the authority."

My heart skipped a beat as I entwined my fingers to stop them from shaking. I was trembling, from fear, from dread. Over, it's over.

I lost Ares.

I gulped, blinking. Lub dub, lub dub.... The sound of my heart was the only thing that told me I was awake and it was not a nightmare.

I backed away, stumbling over my shaky footsteps. What was I running from? The reality of my infidelity? My depraved nature under the mask of an angel? It was over. No use of running.

"Take a seat if you want to," For a man who was scorching with anger, Archer's voice was surprisingly calm. Calm enough to scare me.

The back of my legs came in contact with the cold wood of the chair, I steadied myself and sat myself, looking into his molten greys, my breaths coming out in harsh pants.

"I-" I took a deep breath, "I honestly don't know how to explain myself. It was my fault, it was entirely my fault and I-"

"I don't want to know who is at fault here, Adrianna," Archer snapped, "I want to know the reason."

I closed my eyes, my throat dry, "I was... attracted to Ares... I-I couldn't help the fact I wanted to sleep-"

"He is your patient," His jaw clenched as he narrowed his eyes, "You gave me a lecture about how professionalism works and then proceeded to sleep with your patient?"