Awakening in a New Realm

A new day began for Hua Qingling with the gentle chime of bells, ushering in the dawn. Sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting its warm glow upon her long lashes. She stirred, seeking refuge beneath her cozy blanket to ward off the chill in the air.

Before long, she roused herself from slumber, as this day held great significance—the commencement of her golden core training. 

After dressing, she made her way to the swords hall, where fellow disciples had already gathered. Fu Qingyan greeted her with a warm smile.

Fu Qingyan: "Good morning, shijie! I hope you had a restful night."

Hua Qingling replied: "Good morning, Ah-Yan! I found my stay here quite comfortable, and I slept well."

Despite the stipulated curfew at ten, Hua Qingling had only retired to bed around midnight. Her ability to endure sleepless nights made the lack of rest inconsequential.

However, a shadow crossed her face as she remembered something: today marked the release of her new kpop album in her world. A strange melancholy overcame her, knowing she couldn't be there to witness the momentous occasion.

Hua Qingling muttered to herself: 'What's happening back there? Am I truly dead? What unfolds today... I'm not sure what I'm feeling right now...'She sighed deeply.

Fu Qingyan noticed her distant gaze and asked: "Jie-jie, are you alright? Is something troubling you? You seem lost in thought."

Hua Qingling paused for a moment, then forced a smile and said, "I'm fine."

Fu Qingyan persisted, "I thought the past might still be weighing on you."

Hua Qingling mentally thought, 'You're right. I am dealing with a different past now, but I have to keep moving forward.'

She waved her hand dismissively and added, "No, I'm not dwelling on the past; I'm fine."

Soon, Xiao lian, still groggy from sleep, entered the hall and greeted Sect Leader Fu Meng. However, the icy glares of Fu Meng and Fu Xiu quickly straightened him up. Both Xiao lian and Ying Yue appeared more disciplined than the previous day, a clear result of some stern punishment.

Classes commenced with Fu Meng elaborating on the sect's rules and regulations. Hua Qingling fought off boredom and stifled her yawns, a sentiment shared by Xiao lian and Ying Yue, who also seemed sleep-deprived.

After what felt like an eternity, the lengthy lecture finally concluded. Fu Meng then made an important announcement.

Fu Meng, " Now coming to the important announcement. Today you all can choose the different fields in which you are interested and want to advance your cultivation with. You can learn about secluded cultivation, cultivation with guqin and flute along with the soul refining music, literature, Martial arts and other advanced and basic stuff related to what you choose. Those who are interested in martial arts need to attempt a test to start their training."

Hua Qingling thought to herself, "I understand now; it's like elective classes from my school days. I'll choose martial arts; it's what I excelled in my previous life alongside music. Even if I wanted to try something else, I wouldn't have a clue..."

After the announcement, excited disciples gathered outside, discussing their choices with senior and junior disciples of the sect.

Fu Qingyan asked, "So, what will you choose? You must have forgotten... I'm opting for martial arts; I've been training under my uncle's guidance since childhood. Are you going for literature?"

Hua Qingling responded, "Literature? No, I'm leaning toward martial arts. Literature seems boring, especially when it's tied to cultivation with its complex terminology and family trees."

Fu Qingyan scrutinized her briefly before saying, "Really? But didn't you always say martial arts weren't your forte, and you preferred practicing medicine with your aunt instead of night hunting with your parents?"

Hua Qingling replied, "Oh, did I say something like that? Well, I can't recall, you know. It doesn't matter; it's all in the past, and now I want to try something new. What do you think?"

Fu Qingyan nodded, "That's great! If you get selected, we can train together. Just be cautious; combat is new for you, and I don't want you to get hurt. You've changed a lot... in a good way, though."

Hua Qingling felt uneasy about the topic of her transformation and worried that Fu Qingyan might become suspicious.

Hua Qingling thought, 'What should I do? I have no idea how this Hua Qingling used to be. I'll have to come up with excuses if she finds me strange. This life is challenging. Am I truly content here, or not? Can I return somehow? But what if I'm already dead in my world? Why do I keep yearning to go back, especially on a day like today?'

Finally, the time for combat arrived.

Hua Qingling steeled herself, determined to excel in this new challenge.