(70) Awake

Valentina's POV

I felt a bit disoriented in the beginning. I was no doubt feeling very weak. There was slight pain everywhere.

I could hear voices from a long time. Disturbing in a way, but also assuring that I'm not alone.

When I was finally able to open my eyes I saw wide eyes of all my brothers staring at me.

It could have been scary. But luckily I'm used to these weirdos.

"You guys talk a lot", I said weakly and lowly.

They all gasp. Slowly their faces brighten up and they looked at me happily.

I smile weakly closing my eyes for a bit as I felt weak.

"Call the doctor", I faintly heard someone say.

"Bambina?", Ales said softly.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. He had a hopeful smile on his face. I take a deep breath smiling.

"Hey Ales", I said lowly.

He smiled wide at me.

"You remember me?", Matteo said jumping in his place.

I look at him with sleepy looking eyes.

My brothers gave him a 'what are you doing look'

"Nah. Who you?", I said weakly.

Everyone chuckled. Matteo was still happy.

My eyes closed on their own accord as I inhaled and exhaled slowly.

I felt hand on my head and I opened my eyes and saw Elijah trying to comfort me.

I smiled a bit. I missed it.

The doctor came in smiling at me. Ales moved a bit and he took his place checking me, my vitals and the machines.

"How you do feel Valentina?", The doctor asked softly.

"Like I woke up from a deep sleep, but still wanna sleep. Because I slept for so long my limbs hurt a bit", I smile weakly.

I heard some chuckles.

"Hmm exactly what I thought. Well the limbs are hurting as you're injured and you are sleepy because you feel weak. But there's nothing to worry. The progress is much better than I expected", The doctor smiled at me and then my brothers.

My brothers looked very happy.

"You can sleep if you want. I'm not giving you any drugs for that as you can handle the little pain. In a day you can start eating solid food. Also if you keep resting like this you'll be fine before you know it", The doctor smiled at me and nodded at my brothers.

He then put an injection in that bottle kinda thing which was connected to me in one hand saying this will give me some strength.

I looked at Emilio and he nodded at me so I was okay.

The doctor was gonna leave but I stopped him.

"Yeah?", The doctor asked me.

"Can you check my brothers too? They have bags under their eyes. They look like they haven't eaten in a while...or maybe...I'm just imagining it and they're as ugly as ever", I shrugged smiling.

My brothers gasp and look at me accusingly. The doctor laughs. My brothers look at him with raised eyebrows.

"Um..sorry boss", The doctor chuckled and walked out.

My brothers turn back to me and grin wide once we were alone.

"Yeah yeah I missed you too", I chuckled.