rescuing sly flox I

"I have to go right now, I have important business to do with DK."

"Now?" You panicked as he dropped the news on you so quickly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." He pitied, stroking the sides of your thighs with his thumb. "I'm having Leia take you back to my condo."

You watched both Kuroo and Oikawa roll out of the parking lot, the sound of their engines roaring through the street. Kuroo led in front while Oikawa followed closely behind, their red tail lights disappearing into a corner as they furthered their distance from Haiba Ramen.

...

Two Hours Prior — Cypher & DK

Oikawa grabbed the handheld radio transmitter from his glove compartment and flipped the switch on with his thumb. A static noise erupting from the device before it connected, granting him access to Kuroo's radio. "DK, you there?"

"Copy, Cypher." Kuroo's deep voice rattled through the small voice box.

"Follow you?" Oikawa asked as he pressed the small button on the side of the radio. He watched the bright red Nissan 350Z turn a sharp corner, entering into the Shuto Expressway.

"Roger." Kuroo's responded before he ended the line with a beep from the speaker. Oikawa saw him stick his right hand out of his window, two fingers motioning forward onto the road ahead.

While dropping his handheld radio transmitter on the passenger seat, Oikawa gripped the top of his steering wheel and curled his fingers around the edge of the leather. He glanced down at the middle console for a second, realizing you had left one of your personal belongings in his car. It was a small lip balm, securely tucked inside one of his cupholders.

His mind began to flood with the thought of you and your safety, wishing the double date between all four of you earlier should not have ended so abruptly, but unfortunately some situations took priority over others. To Oikawa, this was one of those situations.

When Kuroo called him over to talk back at Haiba Ramen, Oikawa thought it was going to be another fight on the streets as it was common between them both to settle disputes out. Though, once he saw the same despondent and worrisome look Kuroo rarely gave unless things were out of hand, he knew exactly what was to come.

Kuroo showed a picture of Shinsuke Kita—a.k.a. Sly Fox, tied up in a wooden chair that was rotten all over, handcuffed to the bars behind with his mouth gagged from a green bandana around his face. It was taken and sent by members of the Nohebi clan, a rival yakuza group to the Sakanosita clan that had a personal vendetta against Kuroo, Oikawa and Kita.

Underneath the picture was an accompanied text of Kita's address—the abandoned warehouse that previously belonged to the Sakanoshita family. It once housed all illegal trades and businesses, but now has been left abandoned after the head boss of the Sakanoshita clan passed away.

"Around the corner, in a few. Wait for my call." His handled radio beeped again with the sound of Kuroo's voice.

In the distance was the infamous Sakanoshita warehouse, situated on the brink of the Tokyo Freight Terminal, disguised as several shipping containers stacked together for privacy with a titanium roof. Unless you were working directly under the Sakanoshita clan, most employees in the pier never knew it was a hotspot destination for storing and transporting their contraband to different locations around Japan.

The Sakanoshita family had every political institution wrapped around their finger, and the Tokyo Police Department was no exception. Every illegal business and trade operated on the Tokyo Freight Terminal, as it was also the place Oikawa and Kuroo met for the first time while dealing.